Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I was gonna go for a ride started the bike up then ran inside for the bathroom. I wound up getting a call and had to go out in my car so I hit the kill switch and ran off. I left the key in the bike never shut it off. Now the battery is dead. i figure that its a new battery (1 month) so I'll just throw it on the charger and be done with it. I left it on overnight on moday and forgot to change it from 6 to 12 volt. I changed it to 6 volt last night and today it said trouble again.

I'm guessing I just have to get a new battery, I checked all the fuses and they look fine, so I think a new battery and I'll be fine...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
What kind of battery charger? What amperage does it charge at?
Overnight is a long time on a little motorcycle battery if we're talking several amps here.

Maybe you boiled a lot of the water out of it.
Use distilled water to top it off. Use the lowest amp setting to charge it.
Maybe it'll be fine.

If you use the kill switch the headlight stays on, so be sure to shut it down w/ the key too, eh? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh who knows? I have distilled water sitting in my shop, I'll fill it up when I get back next week. I never thought of the water boiling off.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top