Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have or have used progressive fork springs? www.progressivesuspension.com

i had them on my fzr600 a few years back and they helped a bunch. i understand that damper rod type forks like the ex has uses progressive rate damping curve. Will the progressive springs compliment the fork style or exxagerate its flaws? A lot of guys here talk about sonic or racetech springs, which as i understand are linear. Sorry if this has been discussed before, it's my first post and i did a quick search for "progressive" but found nothing.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Straight vs Progressive

You want the right rate linear or single rate spring. You can do this yourself by simply cutting the stock spring to the right length and adding a spacer to set the correct sag. If you prefer just buying the right spring, you can get get a Sonic or Race Tech spring set.

Look at "Cutting Front Springs" in this section and check out Spring Rate Calculator

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you don't mind paying $80 though I'd suggest picking up a set of SonicSprings. Use their calcualtor to figure out the correct rate for your weight. I just did this a week ago and they pretty must completely transformed my bike.

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts