Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
A little more progress tonight:

Battery charged up nicely over night. Got the harness ground connected to the frame lug. There is still another but it appears to connect on the front subframe....and it really should have a cable ground also.

So, I’ll make another ground cable to provide a real ground up front. Just so I know it has one that doesn’t rely on just the subframe bolted to the steering head.

Paint doesn’t not make a good ground and both are painted quite well. Not a big deal, I have plenty of ground cable and lugs to crimp on.

more to follow....sooner than later

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Got quite a bit done over the last few days. Carburetors now installed, though I installed and removed the airbox at least twice today.

1st time was to ensure it was going to fit as I installed a frame brace across the front of the frame just behind the steering head tube. Then the second time to make sure it would sit down on the carbs correctly.

I took it out the second time because after install I discovered it was impossible to install the fuel lines.
I got the feed line in from my remote tank but the return line is too short.

I have a bunch of fuel line that I ordered in my garage somewhere but I’ll be damned if I can find it. I just saw it a little while back but was not ready for it yet at the time. Now I am and “poof” it’s hiding somewhere.

Hoping for some smoke noise in the next few days. Had to put the battery on the charger again-it’s an older AGM that still seems to work. It won’t last for too many crank cycles on the starter though.

Just waiting on it to charge up, and gotta grab a gallon of gas or so to fill the remote tank....after I find that fuel line to connect the return line. Crossing fingers for smoke noise after that. More later.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts