Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the picture is a little dark but I just finished mounting everything up. Finally finished the paint job and High Tail, Hmm back to the drawing board to see what I can think up next.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Nice look. 8)

Could we get a 3/4 rear pict so we could appreciate more the work done ? :)

Is that black paint on the pipe ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is just engine enamel, until I can go and have it powder coated. Price for it jumped up again. I will see what I can do for pictures, probably have to wait until daytime tomorrow. My camera is pretty shitty.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i know what you can do next....... put on some different wheels ! the EX rims are ugly , but on that bike they are fugly ::)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Its cool, I can be patient (sometimes ;))

Lucky#13 said:
i know what you can do next....... put on some different wheels ! the EX rims are ugly , but on that bike they are fugly ::)
+1

·
Registered
348 Posts
likin' the high mount exhaust, sept I think it would've looked better if the bend in the pipe was in the other direction. Did you fab that up yourself?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eXce!!eNt said:
likin' the high mount exhaust, sept I think it would've looked better if the bend in the pipe was in the other direction. Did you fab that up yourself?
There is less room to work with then you might think. I was going to do radius, but decided with the miter, simple and easy.

Lucky#13 said:
Yeah I know the rims suck, but if I throw on a swing arm, and new front, Then with the new front I might as well put on a full fairing, snowball effect takes place. Then I dont think I could call it a ex500 anymore.. :D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
spikezx5r said:
Then I dont think I could call it a ex500 anymore.. :D
Oh you can rename it, you pretty much 'made' it yourself :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naaahh now it is time to sell it and get a new bike to toy around with.... ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jason said:
does lengthening the pipe affect the sound any?
Actually, there was a whole method to my madness. To answer your question, it sounds the same for everyone else. It is even louder now for the rider which does not bother me the least. If you asked me, 2" OD straight pipe "before" is way to free flowing. By doing the high tail, you increase back pressure through length and with the hard mitered bends. There is a difference, cause my tuning is messed up again so I will have to fiddle around with the pilots and see what changed.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's hard to tell, is your pipe actually under the tail? Or is it kind of off to the side?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It goes between the rear pegs 8)

and attaches to the right one I think

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have those same tires. Bike looks real good. Great work.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It looks great ! 8)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts