Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all really new here i'm just about to get an '07 EX for 4k but i've been reading up on the break in procedure. Apparantely it is a controvercial issue. As far as i know the manual says first 500mi under 4k revs and next 500 under 6k revs. Has anybody broke their bike in the instruction manual way or the motoman way or something similar? Just want to know the best way to keep the engine happy and everything working smooth. Thanks

G

·
I really don't think it matters much to the motor, the rings are seated in about the first 10 min. either way. If this is your first bike, keep to the manual, if you have a good bit of experience on a bike, ride it like you stole it. I had been without a bike for 20+ years, so I pretty much kept to the manual. It has almost 14,000 miles on it now, runs like a top and uses no oil, so breaking in by the manual certainly does no harm.

Rich

G

·
Like Rich said, if you're new, it's probably best to keep those rev's low anyways. Spend a thousand miles getting used to your new ride. Then, you can tear up some asphalt with a pinch of experience!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts