Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know whether something as far back as an 89' front brake rotor will work on 97-09 models? Also whether the front brake rotor was used on other models, like say the kawasaki ninja 250? I'm currently looking for a replacement front rotor on the cheap, and would obviously be able to find better deals if I could expand my pool of compatible parts. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
yes a 89 rotor would fit. not sure about the 250 rotor. you would have to look at some specs. in particular bolt patterns and spacings the EX500 (all models) use a 280mm rotor so bear this in mind.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks yorkie, that's a very handy bit of knowledge! Seeing them now, the ex250 brake rotors look like they're a good bit smaller in circumference. (y)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
what I did was look through some old brake catalogues find EX500 look for the part number of the disk you want.
from memory the EBC disk (front) is MD4144. then look at every other bike that uses the same disk. quite often parts from other bikes can be much cheaper for some reason.

·
Registered
2008 EX500, ZRX's, Vstrom, GPz's
27 Posts
The 250 front disc is "approximately" 10.25" in diameter, the 500 is almost 11" in diameter. I have both bikes in front of me here. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts