Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

radiator fan switch

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  fog 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is a stupid question guys. I haven't been able to find out anywhere how to adjust when the radiator fan comes on. Mine waits until the bike is nearly into the red zone to turn on and in my hot climate I would like to change this as the coolant is boiling over at this point.
Thanks guys

#2 ·
The fan switch is factory preset and not adjustable. If you want to change it you would have to find one from another application and adapt to your radiator.

#4 ·
I wired mine off the ignition no switch and i love it. now i will prolly be putting one on later this season, so i can turn it on and off when it's cold out but, as for the pittsburgh heat it works real well as is. my temp stay about midway up or lower on the gauge. if the bikes boiling when yours is kickin on though i would pull n check the thermostat make sure its opening when it should

Just my two cents
Bastard Child

#5 ·
Some general notes about engine heat, Mr Matson's fan is working just right. The desire to keep the temp gage at some point abitrailly is false thinking if it's too low a point. Engines like to be hot. the ex should run a 180F or hotter for best rsults Where that temp is on the gage face is anybody's guess but the fan comes on at 190 or so. That might give you a clue.

FoG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.