Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to check to see if there are any issues re-routing the throttle cables from the left hand side of the frame to go up the right.

With the clip ons now of I am at full turn to the right the throttle doesn't spring back when let go. Well it does but slowly. If I had just a smidge less tension on it I think it would be fine, which I think I can achieve be routing up the right rather than left.

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
the factory designed both the length of cables and routeing to lessen bending (and thus friction within cables) allowing snapback.

i'll submit RH side routeing will require radical bending and introduce friction. Try it and see, parked. DO NOT ride in a RH config until you have nailed it, but seriously doubt you will.

Factory routeing with throttle tube and bar wiped clean (do NOT use thick grease on the throttle tube/bar face!) cables lubed, set up with proper freeplay, friction minimized....should be accompanied by unimpeded, powerful snapback precipitated by the return spring on the Master carb.....full lock L to R and all points between on the handlebars. If its not able to snapback, you're compromised somewhere, somehow.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and it does snap back but much slower when it's fully locked to the right hand side. I took the tank off and adjusted the cables slightly now it's better but still not perfect. I'll keep working on that the next time I get some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts