Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 90 with a broken back fender, well actually everything cosmetic seems to be broken, but I'm in search for a rear fender, and I found one on ebay, but it seems to be from a second gen bike. Will it fit my first gen bike if I go and buy it, or just be blowing my money? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I removed my rear fender and replaced it with cheap sheetmetal from Lowe's. Most guys cut off the rear fender anyway. You sure you need a new one? If you insiste, Ebay probably has one, If not, keep checking, and one will likely show up soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then maybe rear fender was the wrong way of describing, its the thing that holds the license plate, and rear turnsignals. the bike looks like it was dropped, and now one of the turnsignals is broke off at where it connects.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
There are several options out there for this , new fender, fender eliminator kit , or even several ways people on here made there own eliminators

·
Registered
114 Posts
rear fender is the correct term, rear fairings are the plastic body pieces. Yes a Gen 1 and 2 rear fender are interchageable. I took my cousins spare GEN1 fender and hacked it to give my Gen 2 bike a cleaner look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts