Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Rear rack

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  vindog 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I bought the RennSport rack for mine and it is a useful addition. Looks OK too. Hey Titan, tell me more about those hard cases, that is exactly what I'm considering. Where did you get them, how are they mounted, etc.? It would be a great way to store the riding jacket and pants at work. Plus I think saddle bags look better than a big old Givi topcase would.

#7 ·
I was afraid of that (custom-made rack). Not something I can create. I do have a set of Cortech saddlebags and tailbag but I wouldn't want to leave those on the bike all the time. Oh well.

#8 ·
Hey, Good job on your creation. can you make me another custom hard sidecase rack and charge me reasonable amount for your labor and part?

Of course, you'll need to write the installation instruction also (there are probably other guys here who wants to do business with you also.) What do you reckon?

#9 ·
I will consider making a small "production run" of racks if there is enough interest. That will be the only way to justify the time it takes to set up.
One thing I am concerned about is the product liability. The last thing I want to see is my house being lost in a lawsuite because some guy overloaded his side cases or something like that...
The other option is I could farm out the work to a manufacturer and see what the cost would be but I would need to do a real production run.

#13 ·
Actually since the guide never emerged and I'm hartching a plan to do a 2-3 week riding trip this summer I just need to know what the rack was made from (round bar? steel tube?). i can weld and cut and create so the world is my oyster, even some pics of how it's attached would be cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.