·
Registered
19,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOG'S REARSETS

Postal increase of $1.50 reflected in new pricing

I plan to have these available for sale as of now. These are now in stock

Rear set plates
THESE PLATES MOVE THE FOOT PEGS UP AND TO THE REAR 1” IN EACH DIRECTION.

Complete Kit $65.00 + $7.50 Shipping to any US city $18 to Canada and most of Europe.

Paypal to: [email protected]

They fit both 1st and 2nd gen. series Ex500 bikes

They are 1/2” thick aluminum that bolts to the frame and provides new locations to re- mount the entire foot peg bracket.

On the shifter side a new location for the shift lever and a longer shift rod is supplied

The kit includes two plates, 4 new mounting bolts and washers, a longer shift rod.

On the shifter side you remove the foot bracket and shifter pedal and shift rod. Mount the FOG bracket the using the new bolts remount the foot bracket. Then bolt the shifter lever to the FOG bracket and fit and adjust the shift rod.

On the brake side: Remove the foot bracket and brake pedal as a unit, bolt on the FOG plate then remount the bracket to the FOG plate using the new bolts provided

If you wish. You can convert to a GP shift pattern (1 up 5 down) with the purchase of Kawasaki P/N 13242-1305 Shift lever assembly. $62.76 From Ron Ayers.com

FOG

Attachments

Reactions: chirinom

·
Registered
791 Posts
Any images by chance of the "Kit"?

Will this benefit trackers, tall people, short people or everyone in between? I assume gives a different posture and clears the pegs during a lean?

·
Registered
19,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done

FOG

·
Registered
19,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knightslugger said:
Nice touch with the stamping!...
I used to mark All my race rebuilt engines ,mostly so I knew if they ever came back. I found out later that the "FOG" stamp on an engine was commanding a premium on sales. Guys were even advertising "Has FOG engine" I'm not sure if this was due to any actual merits of the engines or just because I was personally going fast, and beating a lot of them.
SO now I stamp anything I do to give my customers that small advantage on a resale. Don't charge anymore for it. Maybe I should.

FOG

G

·
Got my rear set brackets today. They look better than the picture leads you to believe. If it gets over 40 tomorrow I will install them and post pictures as well.

G

·

Brake side before modification.

Brake side after rear set brackets.

Shifter side before modification.

Shifter side after rear set brackets.

No real issues with installation. Pegs seem to be a little more in the way while moving the bike into and out of storage, but I like that they are a little further away from the bike- now my feet don't feel cramped up. Some people talk about making the shifter lever longer to be able to engage it easier with their toe, but moving the whole thing away from the engine case 1/2 inch seems to accomplish the same thing. Rod for the shifter does seem to rub on the chain sprocket cover now, but I am sure that is temporary...

G

·
I was under the impression that Woodcraft rearsets went a little further back than that. Is this the same length extension as those?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Great pics, can't wait for it to warm up some so I can paint mine and get them on... as for the shift rod hitting the sprocket cover, if i recall correctly that cover is plastic? I'm thinking you could probably dremel it a little bit where the rub is, just enough so it doesnt contact?

·
Registered
19,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The reason is ground clearance. Even with the bike raised I ground my boots completly through.
I provided Kevinm1975 with a bushing to space the shifter out enough to clear the ball joint from fouling the plate. These were intended for use with a GP style shift .
All new kits come with this bushing. I have made special plate to move the pegs further rear ward as well, and another special bushing for a fellow with large feet .to keep the shifter in the normal position while moving the pegs reward.

FOG

·
Registered
15 Posts
FOG said:
The reason is ground clearance. Even with the bike raised I ground my boots completly through.
I provided Kevinm1975 with a bushing to space the shifter out enough to clear the ball joint from fouling the plate. These were intended for use with a GP style shift .
All new kits come with this bushing. I have made special plate to move the pegs further rear ward as well, and another special bushing for a fellow with large feet .to keep the shifter in the normal position while moving the pegs reward.

FOG
Can you send me a message with the price (or post it here) about moving the pegs for a guy with large feet. I need to figure out a way to shift on this bike without hitting the kickstand or on the otherside rest my foot comfortable on the peg without engaging the rear brake pedal. This sounds like a possible solution.

G

·
rhoderage said:
Great pics, can't wait for it to warm up some so I can paint mine and get them on... as for the shift rod hitting the sprocket cover, if i recall correctly that cover is plastic? I'm thinking you could probably dremel it a little bit where the rub is, just enough so it doesnt contact?
The cover is plastic, and it will self-clearance with a little use. No issues from my point of view.

My bike is cleaner now... these were mid winter pictures of my newly purchased bike. ;D

·
Registered
934 Posts
FOG said:

FOG
How large is large? I wear a men's size 13 and am wondering if this mod would make me a bit more comfortable...

G

·
Irish_11 said:
I need to figure out a way to shift on this bike without hitting the kickstand or on the otherside rest my foot comfortable on the peg without engaging the rear brake pedal. This sounds like a possible solution.
These are both solved with adjustments to the pedals, and/or even bending the shifter like I did so that it sticks further out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my knees are almost flush level with the top of the tank would these move the pegs back enough so they tuck under the groove on the side of the tank.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts