Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I'm not a blingy kinda guy but there were some previous posts here from a guy who added reflective tape to his bike to make him more visible at night. This inspired me because the idea of making cagers see me better is so important. So.... here is my version (finished tonight) of my night time attraction. I wanted to do more than just straight strips of reflective tape and this is what I came up with. I'm not sure I'll keep it on but then, who knows.... I was always a sucker for the old 50's style hot rods even though I missed them by about 30 years!

Any comments good or bad are always interesting to read... Actually, I'm too old to really care either way anymore so flame away if you want to.

without camera flash taken during the day but in my garage.

with camera flash, same place, same time.

without flash a bit earlier in the day obviously in the driveway.

with flash, same place, same time.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That looks sweet !

Now you got me jealous ;D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks very cool. Did you cut the shapes yourself?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eXce!!eNt said:
Looks very cool. Did you cut the shapes yourself?
Yes. I bought a roll of refelctive black vinyl a while ago but couldn't decide how I wanted to add it to the bike. Last night I made a paper pattern and tonight I traced it onto the vinyl, cut it out and stuck it on. I just drew the flames free hand on the paper pattern.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Badass! Nice job!

What's the brand of the vinyl, where did you buy it, and how much? Is it the stuff that goes on with soapy water? I was thinking of adding some vinyl to high wear areas after I get everything painted.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damarble said:
What's the brand of the vinyl, where did you buy it, and how much? Is it the stuff that goes on with soapy water? I was thinking of adding some vinyl to high wear areas after I get everything painted.
It's just Avery brand with a sticky backing. I'll see how it holds up. I doubt I'll have any problems though; she's garaged so she never sees weather (except when riding) and doesn't bake outside day after day in the sun. Just bought a roll off fleabay a few months ago - cost about $15-$20.00 with shipping if I remember correctly. I only used about 34" total for both sides; the roll is at least 20 ft long.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I LIKE it.

I was thinking about the same thing.. just not flames (I'm not a big flame guy) but some kind of graphic that would replace the stock 500 graphics. I like how that looks on your ride though. Even makes the flames tempting.

If it were me, I'd do the "Ninja" & "ZX11" the same way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts