Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,266 Posts
I do not believe this a good test to spot a fake. I have a MOSFET that I am 99.99% certain is fake, and it has both the 8 casting dots and the aluminum plate on the bottom.
is white writing marked on end with the appropriate Shindengen part number and circular insignia? Similar to my pic in post #17 ?

care to post a pic/pics?

·
Administrator
16,266 Posts
def NOT a Shindengen, but a Far East copycat.

I'd wager copyright infringement would occur by anyone using Shindengen's little circular insignia. Any copycat using it would be litigated. Fair bet it'd be safe to use one with such markings.

·
Registered
769 Posts
def NOT a Shindengen, but a Far East copycat.
The cheeky feckers who sold it were even brazen enough to use a pic of a real Shindengen on the ad! I was pretty mad when it arrived, and after repeated useless convos with them I reported them to Ebay. For the price I paid it makes an interesting backup. I bought a real one since then.

·
Administrator
16,266 Posts
Wow, unreal that a seller would pawn that off on you. While picturing a Shindengen....can you spell false advertisement?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Listen , you guys may be onto something. Here is my 2015 Versys with a Polaris 4016868 rated at 50 amp, purchased from a Polaris dealer locally. There are no paint markings, no numbers engraved NOTHING.
It is so tight I made my own harness as there isn't enough room for the triumph harness.

I looked at mounting it horizontal but the fins are at right angles. The regulator from roadstercycle is the same rating as this one but the connector is 90' from this one

This is the OEM regulator beside the 4016868, note the aluminum plate under the OEM, that is what came with the Polaris

And this is a plug and play 4012941 for any of the listed 650 Kawasaki bikes in my previous post.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.