·
Registered
2,855 Posts
"****, I blew it. I should have just concurred!"

Anybody? One of my favorite scenes ever :D

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Well I can do without Leo any day, but Tom Hanks and Chris Walken? Come on, man.

S

·
0 Posts
I just finished making new headlight brackets and fixing my totally destroyed front fairing including building up the corner on the front that was rashed off.

Best way I have found is the 15 dollar soldering iron. Find ABS plastic, do not use JB weld. Sand areas slightly, melt the pieces together of the fairing, fill in gaps with ABS making sure to pack it in well. I dropped my fairing from chest level multiple times after finishing to see how it would hold. No problems at all. One nice solid piece. Make sure your joints actually are above the rest of the fairing so that you can sand it to be level. Paint. Done :)

I also did this from both sides to make sure that the cracks were completely sealed and gone for no weak points. Dont let the plastic burn. Ill post up some pictures later of the finished job, i dont have any befores though.

Sean

·
Registered
529 Posts
you can also go with a fiberglass repair kit and plastic body filler there is some that flexes it wont sustaina from sholder height drop on cement bu ti will look good and its easy to work with

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I'm really late to this party but I've only got one word for you. Plastex. Best plastic welding stuff available. http://www.plastex.net
It comes with a molding bar. You heat it up, mold it around the part you need to duplicate and fill with plastex. Voila, new part made, use the plastex to weld it into place.......check the site out, it's pretty archaic as websites go, but this guy runs the entire operation out of his garage in Reno, NV.......sean

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i had a crack that was growing longer each time i rode. It was on the bottom of the front fairing below the windshield. I used some cheapo epoxy putty that you knead together to make it work. It worked quite well for that, cant really even see the crack unless your looking for it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts