Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a pair of riding boots, motorcycle specific. I like the sidi canyons but at about $250 they're pretty expensive. I've seen some vega nitros on ebay that go for about 70-100, does anyone have any experience with this brand of boots?

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the Canyons.. but you probably don't want to hear how much I like them since you're trying to convince yourself to get something else.

Mine aren't completely broken in yet, but they're getting close.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they're good then I'd buy them, are they the same size as your regular shoes or did you have to upsize or downsize?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Got mine from newenough.com they have sizing advice listed. The down side is I measure in at 10.5 and they only list 10 & 11 since it's converted to metric sizing (44 & 45).. I went with the 10 (44), then ended up returning them for the 11's (45). Fit is great.

I've only had them out in one rain so far, but they held up to being waterproof, and have a great non-slip sole. Figuring out the strap is interesting.. but easy once you do. (ratchet tight, press the open end of the silver piece down "into" your foot to loosen).

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
It'd be worthwhile if people described their foot width or shape somehow when sharing what boots worked for them & which ones didn't.

Something that fits Mr EEE will be too loose on a regular foot (I know, add socks).
And vice-versa...

Z

·
0 Posts
I have Oxtar Matrix boots and like 'em a lot. Waterproof, comfy, good sole AND not too flashy; just plain black leather. In my humble and conservative opinion... I don't want to look like a racer wanna be on the street.

MrSciTrek said:
It'd be worthwhile if people described their foot width or shape somehow when sharing what boots worked for them & which ones didn't.
These are worn on my regular ol' feet, two of them (kinda like a set I guess), ten toes total. Sometimes stinky. Size 13, regular width.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love my Nitro Sport boots. I paid $119.99 Canadian for them, and have had them 3 seasons. Light and form-fitting.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the opinions, I decided to go cheap and bought the nitro sport boots. I've got to say that so far they are more comfortable than the alpinestars that I had before, and they aren't as "colorful" as the astars either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess I'll be a poser when I get back and get the Sidi vertigo boots. I see them as excellent protection whether on the street or track...oh well.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My pair of Set-Up Visions fit my usually wide feet nicely. The Sidi Strada Evo Te-Por boots I have are norrower but still fit my feet and don't hurt unless I walk in them for a long time. They also work great at keeping water out. Oh. The Visions fair pretty well in crashes as well. I've had 2 lowsides on them at various speed and all that happened was the tow sliders getting worn down a bit.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I use my old Redwing steel toe workboots and they do the job fine. First day on the motorcycle I low-sided at ~ 15 mph and the bike fell on my right foot...it was sore for awhile, but I'm conviced it kept me from getting a broken ankle. There are many different boots out there that will do the job. ninjamon

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
ninjamon said:
I use my old Redwing steel toe workboots and they do the job fine. First day on the motorcycle I low-sided at ~ 15 mph and the bike fell on my right foot...it was sore for awhile, but I'm conviced it kept me from getting a broken ankle. There are many different boots out there that will do the job. ninjamon

I've been looking for the leather basketball high-top shoes but they've gone out of style.
SO now I'm watching for Goretex hunting boots on sale at sports stores.
Problem is... I'm not a camo-fan. 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts