Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Riding tips and discussion about driving licenses in EU.

3407 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Johannes
kill me if i shouldnt have made this topic ;)


M -license
15v you can ride a moped with smaller engine than 50cc and it must not go faster than 45km/h. (only theoretical exam
to get your license)

A1 - license
16v 125cc or under, and below 11kw. training includes lots of lessons, handling test, theoretical test and official test on
public roads.

a - license
18v any cc, but under 25kw and under 0.16 kw/kg (lol actually my bikes papers say that its 25kw, 0.14kw/kg, but its really 46kw[heard from the previous owner])

if you have had a-license for 2 years, you can get an unlimited license by the age 20. thats the A - license.

if you want the unlimited straight away without any licenses before(car license is not counted)
you have to be 21 and attend lots of lessons and demanding tests. (i think its going to change to that you can ride unlimited when you are 24

car license you can get in the age of 18. you must attend lessons and driving exam and stuff for that.
(A1 or a or A license drops out some of the lessons in the car school)

If you are going trough europe, i suggest you to have some fun in germany, autobahns. i heard that there are some times unlimited speed limits :) of course nürburgring is the place for racing machines like our ex500's ;D
See less See more
1 - 1 of 8 Posts

Is there a topic Wiki does not have info on???
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.