Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well when i tore down my carbs to clean them, i noticed a small rip in one of the diaphrams on the slide, so i called a dealership, and they said that you can only get the whole assembly, which includes the slide and diaphram, and this would run me about 110 bucks, any ideas on a cheaper fix or does anyone know where i could just get the rubber part? If it comes down to it im just going to buy another set of carbs and then have some backups, i can find a set of carbs for a little more than the 110, i was thinking a little fuel resistance silicone, but not sure how'd this affect the vaccuum,
thanks

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Your gonna have to bite the bullet and buy one . Try pricing them at mrcycle.com , ronayers.com , or bikebandit.com .

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Rom Ayers P/N 16126 - 1173 $92.32

Shop Ebay for a whole set of carbs @ about 25
FOG

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cycletherapy.com has a used set for 125 plus shipping, they say when they sell carbs they are good and ready to go, anyone ever ordered from them? I called a few local salvage places around nw ohio, and the one place wanted 200 and the ohter place wanted 350 (they're crazy) so i might go with this cycletherapy place, dont want to end up with the same problems from a set off ebay, thanks for the replies

·
Registered
131 Posts
Usually you can find a set of carbs on ebay and salvage diapharms plus a few other parts.... It is usually reasonable also......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ended up buying a set for 70 bucks off ebay, included all three cables and the intake boots, carbs were a mess, but the diaphram wasnt ripped, so i dont think i did too bad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will the parts off a set of Ninja 250 carbs work in this carb? for example will diaphrams from other CVK carbs bolt right into the EX-500 carbs?

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts