Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is so messed up!

People like that should be locked away for good. They put the whole motorcycle community risk!

-Gagi

·
Registered
261 Posts
He got off way too easy, that's not manslaughter, it's outright murder.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The justice system in America absolutely blows. Why is it that you can, with every intent, kill someone and only get 5-15 years in prison. I'm all for the death sentence if you kill someone in cold blood. An eye for an eye baby.

Certain countries will chop off your hand for shoplifting. Castrate you for rape. Death for murdering. In America we get a slap on the wrist for manslaughter. How pitiful!

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Twangintheblues said:
The justice system in America absolutely blows. Why is it that you can, with every intent, kill someone and only get 5-15 years in prison. I'm all for the death sentence if you kill someone in cold blood. An eye for an eye baby.

Certain countries will chop off your hand for shoplifting. Castrate you for rape. Death for murdering. In America we get a slap on the wrist for manslaughter. How pitiful!
"an eye for an eye makes the world blind..."

·
Registered
530 Posts
Knightslugger said:
"an eye for an eye makes the world blind..."
That has to be the best single statement argument I've ever heard.

The real problem is that the minor offenses get heavy sentences.. while these don't. It wasn't manslaughter.. it was murder. The chase should have constituted premeditation. 5-15 years isn't enough IMO.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Well, i can understand the manslaughter charge though. although yes he did plan it (premeditation) and he did use the car as a weapon (though in murder anything can be a weapon, even a drinking straw) he was enraged, a state that can be considered insanity, but you still control your actions. you still know what you're doing. it's the semi-state that got him the manslaughter charge. an immediate crime of passion is what the TV would call it... that'll get you manslaughter almost every time. though, i'd drop the 5-15 and give him the max for it, and none of this good behavior bull crap. if 15 is the max, give him 15 without the chance of parole (the 5 years part of his sentence).

R

·
0 Posts
You know, I get mad sometimes when I'm riding - take for example the woman I'd have loved to have smacked after she almost rear-ended me over the weekend at an intersection on my first day back on the bike - damn near nailed me doing 60km/phr. What a great welcome back to the world of motorcycling (oh, and her hand motions at me indicated that it was clearly my fault I stopped, had my brake lights on and a signal light on while she wasn't paying attention.)

But, I just don't see how people lose it like that. What makes a person just snap, and decide what a terrific idea it would be to slam into somebody and drag them, a motorcycle and a Kia for
140 feet? What a messed up world..

·
Registered
404 Posts
I from NY NJ area on the West Side Hwy a guy on a bike and a guy in a jeep got
into some words after the verbal altercation the guy in the jeep stated to follow
the guy on the bike taunting him the guy on the bike stoped short and the guy
in the jeep just rode right over him...saw the pictures in th paper and just freaked out111

·
Registered
146 Posts
That is insane. It's almost hard to believe. I can't believe that he isn't in prison for a life sentance. He was convicted of a similar charge to an ex girlfriend. Why the hell isn't that dumbass behind bars for the rest of his life? That is murder. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. I think we should strap him to the front of his jeep and run him into a brick wall at 70mph. I guess if I ever find someone tailing me like that i'm going to nail it to try and "outrun" said person. I'd rather risk a speeding ticket or perhaps the inherent chance of a crash over some moron trying to push me into something.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Frog said:
Hey all, I just saw this horror story on another web site.

Did anyone you know ever experienced road rage (not to that extent I hope)?

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lirage0313,0,4668167.story?coll=ny-tintboxrelateds-sports
That's why I pack a 9MM ...just in case like that ;D
That is sad to read stories like that.
What makes it worse is that both were immigrants who came to US to enjoy freedom and live a life in peace.
Now the dream has fallen apart and his mome has nothing to live for!!!
SAD-SAD-SAD!
I hope he becomes someone's wife in the jail hose and gets pushed a like ragdoll by a "semi-truck" mate!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope Kruk finds something to live for, or something finds Kruk. :(

"Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right."

This violent murderer gets 5-15 (7.5 with good time?) and a kid I grew up with got nailed for 20 years when he was 19 years old for transporting cocaine. He got out last year at age 39. Hmm...justice is very subjective and I guess I just don't understand how people are measuring these things.

DeJean is 41 years old!!! If a 19 year old is an adult and experienced enough to pay 20 years for bad move, a 41 year old should be measured a little harsher!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think all drug charges are a bogus waist of time and resources but murder is completely different.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the driver had pulled out a gun and shot the biker just as dead, he'd be looking at a life sentence for sure. But, he used a car, so he gets a freebie. Just like when an intoxicated driver veers across the double-yellow and kills an oncoming biker - its just a DUI and a ticket for crossing the double-yellow. "Ooops, my bad." :mad:

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Bravo12 said:
If the driver had pulled out a gun and shot the biker just as dead, he'd be looking at a life sentence for sure. But, he used a car, so he gets a freebie. Just like when an intoxicated driver veers across the double-yellow and kills an oncoming biker - its just a DUI and a ticket for crossing the double-yellow. "Ooops, my bad." :mad:
depends on the state of mind.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't trust a verdic based on someones state of mind especially when they get off with murder.

·
Registered
169 Posts
my uncle is diabetic, he went low and veered into opposing traffic, hit another guy. Giant SUV vs. giant SUV. The other dude was put in the hospital, my uncle was charged with reckless endangerment or something along with other stuff, because he should have known he was low, and not driven. It's not murder, but it was pretty damn close. Interesting insight into how state of mind affects the legal process.

I hate having to deal with road rage, its scary when someone swerves toward me on the freeway and I know they're trying to hit me, then I'm afraid to flip them off because they'll come after me and sandwich me against another car. Stupid LA drivers.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same deal here..

Montrealers drive like the road is their own, everyone fights for 1 inch of asphalt.. You never know if they're trying to get your spot or if they haven't seen you at all.. and in both cases, it's always the biker's fault..

Sooo glad I'm working outside the rush hour peak ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts