Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while watching the MotoAmerica races at Pittsburgh it was announced that Rocco Landers was leaving for Austria today for his debut in the Red Bull Rookies Cup.

He's already missed a test last week due to the races this weekend. He currently leads the Liqui Moly Junior Cup championship and is the defending champ in that class. He is also 2nd in the Twins Cup championship this year.

This kid is destined to be a road racing star. Maybe a superstar. He is just 15 and fully recognizes that he is representing the US in the Rookies Cup. Let's hope he shows the rest of the Rookies Cup riders his rear wheel all season.

Maybe he'll get a Moto3 ride for next year....or better yet, a Moto2 ride. I think he's still growing and may well outgrow a Moto3 bike by next year. GO ROCCO!! Do us proud.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Watched the Redbull Rookies today. Didn't see any of Rocco Landers on track. He started on the grid outside of the top 20. I was starting to wonder if he'd even started the race when suddenly I saw him pop in at 19th. At that point he was some 20 seconds behind the lead group.

By the end, he finished in 16th but it wasn't pretty at all. I think he was something like 41 seconds behind the lead by that time, and about 34 seconds adrift of the last riders ahead. He wasn't dead last though. Hope his learning curve is steep cuz he's a true rookie in the cup. The winner is on his 2nd season with the cup and there was a rider or 2 on their 3rd season. Not really a rookie anymore by then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts