Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know these things aint fast but im gettin stuck at around 75 80 mph due to the fact that for some reason i cant rev past 6k rpms any ideas heres what i have done and fyi it didnt run all that great prior to my mods

1. d&d 2-1 exhaust
2. 136 mains
3. pod filters
4. stripped down no gauges or signals just head and tailight

any info y'all got would be great

·
Registered
358 Posts
The reason is you changed the exhaust and intake. You are gonna have to tune the **** out of it just to make it run a little better. Or get the proper flatslide carbs for that kind of setup.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color]

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Go back to stock starting with the stock airbox, the 136 mains are totally killing you, you are just dumping fuel into it, probably wasting a lot of it too, ill bet your mileage is ridiculously low.

Get rid of the noisemaking pipe too, stock blows them all away.

Read up here, you want best top performance go all stock with fogs airbox mod only and good pilot tuning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im ok with going back to stock only thing is i put the louder pipe to raise awareness i have gotten run off the road more than i care to mention lol and have had a lot of problems with people not seeing me or hearing me so id like to figure out what i need to do to make it go with atleast keeping the pipe

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
billiam said:
im ok with going back to stock only thing is i put the louder pipe to raise awareness i have gotten run off the road more than i care to mention lol and have had a lot of problems with people not seeing me or hearing me so id like to figure out what i need to do to make it go with atleast keeping the pipe
Get a Stebel air horn, this is just the first one I hit, you can find them cheaper!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068FXNT6/ref=asc_df_B0068FXNT62550642?smid=A1EFVG3F7QZ0W2&tag=dealtmp333244-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B0068FXNT6

1 - 5 of 5 Posts