Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride encountered some railroad tracks and they were okay going out but coming back in they were a little rougher than the other side. I came off the seat a little (not on purpose) and the bike compressed, and when we met up again it wasn't pleasant. :-X It was everything I could do to keep the bike up through my blurred vision since what I really wanted to do was just lay it down and curl up in the fetal position.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Ouch !

Next time you see a bump coming, raise your butt maybe 1 inch off the saddle (give yourself some clearance ;))

Glad to hear the bike didn't get hurt ::)

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
stand up next time. that's taught at the BRC offered by the MSF. i rolled over a 4x4 no problemo all day. let me tell you though, getting up off the seat half assed (excuse the pun) is not good enough. stand up.

R

·
0 Posts
Yep, just stand up for bumps and objects. You'll know if you're not up high enough, cause the bike will slap you in the crotch as a reminder :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
thats the only thing that i have a problem with on the ex... my little buddies dont like being squeezed against the gas tank

·
Registered
165 Posts
I typically don't sit really close to the tank for this reason. The only time I've had a problem is when I had someone on the back who had never ridden on a motorcycle before. When I went to slow down, they weren't prepared and put all their weight on me, causing me to slide forward and get my buddies.

·
Registered
405 Posts
blent87 said:
I typically don't sit really close to the tank for this reason. The only time I've had a problem is when I had someone on the back who had never ridden on a motorcycle before. When I went to slow down, they weren't prepared and put all their weight on me, causing me to slide forward and get my buddies.
I know that feeling, it's certainly not particularly enjoyable. A little more passenger instruction is in order.
And yes, get your butt off the seat.
MSF, now uses 2x4's because apparently 4x4 was "to dangerous"

·
Registered
199 Posts
I stand up every chance I get - partly because the only really garbage thing about the EX is the stock suspension, but also cause it's fun and gets mad attention from the wimmenz :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah RR tracks can look OK until your right up on them. I always try to slow down a little more then I need to for RR tracks,

Besides it's more fun to accelerate hard after the tracks then to bump the "boys" on the way over them !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts