Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been done before (since I got the idea on this site) but I thought I'd post some pics in case anybody wants to see.

I like it a lot because it is cheap yet effective, and since I'm lazy, I can lean back against the box on the highway!

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS the scrapes on the grab bar are not from the ubolts, thats from when i dumped my bike and didn't bother repainting it.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I suggest drilling a hole in each corner and loop a bungee cord around the hooks ;)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
checked the price of the givi rack and box and I decided to go this way.

It doesn't look good, but it cost me 40$ instead of a couple hundreds. Besides, when you take it off, you're not stuck with a rack of anything ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is this the 8-gallon version of the Action Packer? Can you fit 2 helmets inside? How rigid is this box?

Thanks,

Ilya.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Kinda seems like you guys are going for the milk crate on the moped look....just kidding just kidding.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
ilya said:
Can you fit 2 helmets inside?
Only brain buckets, not full faces. The box isn't deep enough.

ilya said:
How rigid is this box?
The box is rigid enough for this use but I strongly suggest to use big washers around the holes and the bungee loops as an extra safety.

ilya said:
Is this the 8-gallon version of the Action Packer?
Pretty much :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to find pictures of it while over here but they are all blocked. Now I finally see how to do it when I get back.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble dude.. It's for real.

I don't have to show off on 2 wheels to impress anyone or feel good. I have the sweetest babe at home and I am keeping her for myself ;D

·
Registered
135 Posts
DUDE...for the sake of all 500 Ninja riders out there...DONT DO IT!!! I will buy you your own Givi luggage accessories..oh well, i tried :'(

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I'll take up the Givi offer anytime ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
lmfao

i hope that thing is filled with beer and u driving to a baseball game or something

id rather go the backpack route to carry stuff. otherwise get a cruiser with some saddlebags lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really don't see why you all have suck a problem with it. It's not like I ride around the city with it on there. It's for extended trips where you must carry with you food, shelter, clothing etc. I'd rathar have a box on my bike than turn into Quasi Moto from riding day after day with a backpack on.We're not all born into rich ***** families. ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like a good idea to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts