Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im around 6' 1' and i have only ridden the 500 so far. I am not very happy with the way i sit in the seat. I find the slope pushes me forward into the tank causing my jeans to pull tight around my " coin-purse" so-to-speak"...is there an aftermarket seat that sits a little straighter or more comfy in the cock-pit?

·
Registered
308 Posts
a corbin might, but whats gonna help more is some taller risers on the handlebars. these bikes have the most upright seating position of any "sport" bike out there so anything more sporty is gonna be out for you. im just under a foot shorter than you (about 5'2") and i dont have to ride with my nuts to the tank ???

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just find that where you sit it is slanted and it automatically slides you forward. i didnt think it had anything to do with my height. My buddy has a zx750 and his seat is flatter.

·
Registered
530 Posts
A Corbin did in fact help me with that issue. It will even keep you in the saddle longer to boot. I highly recommend getting one, I still think it's the best purchase I've made since the bike.

F

·
0 Posts
I'm a bit shorter than you but I also find at times it feels like I am sitting on my ballzinies...however I find that after some shifting around I can find a "sweet spot" a little ways back from the tank.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the smae prob, not sure if it's height related as i'm 6'. I figure if I were to shave down the foam a little behind me to flatten it out a bit, that would make more comfortable. if you shift around a bit, you'll find a comfortable position

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
believe it or not i just reveived a pair of icon riding jeans for my b-day( thanks dad-in-law ) and they seem to be a lot more comfy for riding! They have a flexible /breatheable(sp?) material in the ol inseam and in the bend in the legs..seems much better for now..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts