Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if you've heard of this, but I wanna run it this year.

http://www.2-fast.org/seattle-100.html

It's a charity event. I'll need to agree to provide at least $500 worth of donations in order to participate.

So, if I contribute the hard costs - tires, fuel, etc..... How much are EX-500.com members in for? Yeah, I'm asking for donations and obligations.

Make your offers as money per lap please. I'll do the laps, you send the money to them.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
OK... I'll be glad to help for a good cause & a fellow 500R-man.
Is it a 100 lap race or a 100 mile race?
How far around is each lap?*

Do they take Pay-pal? If not, you might mention it to them.
Though Pay-pal keeps some of the $$... maybe they don't for charities?

* (It's been a tough day, relatively, & I'm in no mood to read the site details.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, you have to send the money to me directly.... I guess you could probably make a direct donation if you wanted......

Anyway, most of you don't know me, so I won't worry here. My other boards have already covered me.

Thanks for the interest anyway. Email the charity directly if you want to donate.

·
Registered
722 Posts
it's not a fact of knowing you, but I don't make enough money to support myself at the moment (college student :( ) makes charity hard.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
why would anyone in their right mind give money to a stranger ??? if anyone is willing to give their hard earned money away i take paypal . ::)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The difference is, this stranger can be looked up in Google, but it's still not important.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
why would anyone in their right mind give money to a stranger ??? if anyone is willing to give their hard earned money away i take paypal . ::)
It does appear, though, that donations can be made directly to the charity associated with the event:

http://www.nephcure.org/Donation_onlineform.html

It would appear, though, that Outrace would get to have all the fun ;)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
one you could count off on taxes and the other you can't . so if you can make it to the org. listed then why would you just make a donation to someone asking for money directly in the name of said organization ???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because I can give you a reciept from the org for the donation you made on my / the org's behalf. That reciept makes the donation tax deductable.

Either way, if you're actually going to make a donation to the org, that's terrific. On the other hand, if you're just playing devil's advocate, you can stop now. I'm neither soliciting nor accepting donations from here. I'm covered by the rest of the sites who know who I am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts