·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
triumph 6 7 5

congrats!

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
^ lovely. Will you be doing the 18th then?

·
Registered
113 Posts
This '86 VF500F was a literal basket case when I got it. Rebuilt almost everything but the engine and tranny. Turned out nicely. The VF engine is much smoother, handles similarly but feels lighter and turns in quicker (sold it to a guy in the neighborhood and rode it recently). The VF has less torque and is massively more difficult to work on and worst of all some parts are unobtanium now. The EX is a worthy replacement and in it's own way has just as much engine character.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
My carport. The MiniTrail clone has an 11hp Piranha engine, carbon fiber pipe and dual disc brakes. The black bike is a QLink XF200 with some really nice supermoto styling and bits. The '03 SV1000S has a superbike bar kit and is quite comfy for a full fledged sportbike. I ride the EX more than anything else right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
This '86 VF500F was a literal basket case when I got it. Rebuilt almost everything but the engine and tranny. Turned out nicely. The VF engine is much smoother, handles similarly but feels lighter and turns in quicker (sold it to a guy in the neighborhood and rode it recently). The VF has less torque and is massively more difficult to work on and worst of all some parts are unobtanium now. The EX is a worthy replacement and in it's own way has just as much engine character.
Nice I like it. Whats that to the front of the seat on the side of the tank? Petcock?

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
@ jackal - Really nice bike. I have always been a fan of them. BTW, cool pic with the building in the background. Almost look like a place in South America.

·
Registered
52 Posts
While my EX500 is over at a friend's house being checked I went out and purchased a Kawasaki ZXR400. Feels good to be able to ride again after 2-3 weeks. For now this bike will bring me from home to work until my EX is running again

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
While my EX500 is over at a friend's house being checked I went out and purchased a Kawasaki ZXR400. Feels good to be able to ride again after 2-3 weeks. For now this bike will bring me from home to work until my EX is running again

Hmmm.... I like it!

O_E_M

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
^Nice, I see now who has all the money.:grin2:

·
Registered
846 Posts
My main use of the bike is to commute to work 4 days a week. It is usually a 30-40 minute ride in city streets. Because, as you know, my ninja is in restoration, I decided to buy a smaller motorcycle to use as everyday ride.

It is a double purpose Italika DM150. Basically it is a motorcycle assembled in Mexico with Chinese parts.

The advantage of this motorcycle is that the engine parts are very abundant and easy to find in my location. In addition to being a single cylinder is very easy to repair.

Like any bike used, it has a couple of cosmetic details that do not affect the operation, and that will fix bit by bit.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
@jorge moros
Hmm... looks fun.
Kick start or does it have an electric start?

I have a 150cc Peace Sport that I use most of the time for errands and such... as I don't commute.
Cheap on fuel (70 mpg) and carries more stuff than the EX will.
$915 new, delivered to my door, unassembled in a factory crate.
Put it together... 2 years and 7k miles later it's still going. Haha

O_E_M

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yeah, it's fun. Not fast fun as the ninja, but light and driveable fun.

It has both kick and electric start, but have to use kick because the batery is dead, don't hold charge. I just have to change it and chase a pair of electric gremlins at the rear ligths.

Talking about gas, you're rigth, it's pretty cheap! Tank holds barely 11 liters, and it last almost 50% more than a ninja tank.

421 - 440 of 473 Posts