Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

441 - 460 of 473 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Pretty good sized tank... 2.9 gallons.
Mine holds a whopping 1.1 gallons! Haha
But at 70 mpg, I can't complain.

Yeah, my 150 isn't as fun so to speak as the EX but I kinda enjoy it.
The tires are the same front and rear... 130/60-13... so my tires are as wide as the rear tire of the EX.
I have to be careful when making sharper turns such as on to side roads or streets... I've gotten leaned in far enough that I've scraped the center stand. LOL

Having the back up kick starter is nice too. Always a good thing.

O_E_M

·
Registered
846 Posts
This one is fun in the turns. It has the same size 110/70-17 as the ninja at front and a 130/70-16 at rear.

Its top speed is 110km/h (~60mph) so I have no trouble to keep with trafic on city streets.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
This one is fun in the turns. It has the same size 110/70-17 as the ninja at front and a 130/70-16 at rear.

Its top speed is 110km/h (~60mph) so I have no trouble to keep with trafic on city streets.
Well width wise you have the same as the Ninja.
My front and rear are the same width as the Ninja rear.
And it does pretty good in the turns... if only I could something with the suspension... The rear end likes to wallow in the curves if I have too much speed.
Cheap shocks on the back... need to be swapped for something better.

I can push mine to 60mph for short periods of 1/2 mile or so but it's hard on the engine. Taching out pretty high... like close to 10k... about 3k over red line! Haha
But it'll cruise at 50mph all day long around 7k.

O_E_M

·
Registered
124 Posts
New to me '01 Falco

Hey everyone!

I went a slightly different direction than the Triumph sprint I offloaded to my father. I got a Falco because I want stock in Pirelli.

Here she is!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
^ Nice collection, and I like your theory of evolution also.
My other bike. '04 XT225

Reactions: ofirmx

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
red, all red dammit

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
^Why do I get the feeling that the one under the sheet isn't red? :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
A: its truly not mine (covered to protect, its a Triumph Bonne owned by a neighbor lady...here for startup (neglected a few years) awaits battery (on order) Under 700 miles, she rides just a couple times a year @ 40 MPH. Then its sits and sits and sits.

B: You are correct sir...its not red

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
but this IS...'07 Ducati SS800 has come into my possession...titled, insured and registered all legal beagle.

As it sat dormant for years..I'm still in process, but getting very close to road worthy...

Replaced cam belts (hard as rocks) and fuel filter (inside the tank) this afternoon/evening.
Fuel removed, tank inspected (no rust)

Tires ordered, should be here this week. Trying Metzeler 7RR's.

Its mint, everything stock, untouched from the factory. Its an FI model. At only 3970 miles...a long service life ahead.

Future plans include LED turn signal/tail light upgrade, Oberon clutch slave, Mosfet conversion and billet oil fill cap (replace the cheesy plastic POS) ...thats about it.....for now.

Attachments

Reactions: gary_a_gooner

·
Registered
120 Posts
Whoa!!! Nice pick up. Was wondering about the third bike!!! Was that your neighbors?

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Yes. Long, sad story, we'll talk about it someday soon.

A 47 mile *very conservative* test ride today (still on old tires) I've now got 4010 on the odo. Gettin' old. ;D

Some observations (note I'm being *very picky* here):

*riding position actually more aggressive than the 900 (ass up/wrists down) as a result, slightly uncomfortable
*overall extremely quiet and smooth...refined compared to my raw, previous gen 900.
*gearbox is actually still breaking in
*wet clutch engagement a bit vague and sloppy (comparing to the dry on 900)
*to correct the chain a bit loose, some minor driveline snatch evident
*throttle tube/bar in need of clean and light lube (performed upon return) and also lubed all lever pivot points
*will soon perform a convenient turn signal wiring upgrade...will put OEM Honda turn signal connectors (2 wire, 1 per side) in place of the individual bullet connectors (2 each per side) Ducati supplied...enhancing quicker/easier fairing removal/installation.
*very friendly throttle response and manners...I'm able to short shift and lug it (somewhat) in the very slow, tiny, twisty backroads I ride and like so much. Low RPM, light on/off throttle performance is actually important to me. Though the Ducati "grunt" is there...pulls right from 2500RPM.
*STILL has that "NEW" smell to it. My "retirement present"....close as I'll ever come to a new bike again.

Attachments

Reactions: ksurk

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Congrats on your new bike, a beautiful machine indeed!

·
Registered
846 Posts
My main use of the bike is to commute to work 4 days a week. It is usually a 30-40 minute ride in city streets. Because, as you know, my ninja is in restoration, I decided to buy a smaller motorcycle to use as everyday ride.

It is a double purpose Italika DM150. Basically it is a motorcycle assembled in Mexico with Chinese parts.

The advantage of this motorcycle is that the engine parts are very abundant and easy to find in my location. In addition to being a single cylinder is very easy to repair.

Like any bike used, it has a couple of cosmetic details that do not affect the operation, and that will fix bit by bit.
I recently exchanged my dual purpose bike for a cruise bike. Same brand, same engine size, different style and performance. This bike, although somewhat small and low seat, is very comfortable and easy to handle. Five gears in standard sequence (first down, others up). 70mpg at a maximum speed of 60mph, with 3.4 gallon tank, not bad for such a small engine.

Yep, I went fishing.

Attachments

Reactions: Custom Carb Service

·
Registered
180 Posts
My other half insisted I bought this ZRX1200s 'cos she liked the colour. Quite honestly i was threatened with a lifetime of celibacy had I not have signed on the line.

She didn't like the GPz1100e one little bit as it wasn't as pillion friendly as it looked.

After 16 years and 52000 miles this ZRX is still a winner and me and the Mrs are still going strong too.

Attachments

Reactions: Custom Carb Service

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
My other half insisted I bought this ZRX1200s 'cos she liked the colour. Quite honestly i was threatened with a lifetime of celibacy had I not have signed on the line.

She didn't like the GPz1100e one little bit as it wasn't as pillion friendly as it looked.

After 16 years and 52000 miles this ZRX is still a winner and me and the Mrs are still going strong too.
Wow, that Zrex has a different look than the ones we got here in the US. I like it. You should check out Jackal's videos in our video section. He's put up videos of blasting his through the streets of Cambodia.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In their wisdom, or lack of, Kawasaki decided not to supply the US and Canada with the 'S' model with the full top fairing which I have. Judging by responses from Americans on both the UK and US ZRX sites this was a great oversight. The Eddie Lawson Replica version that you are more familiar with is less suited to high speeds and long distances than the more aerodynamic 'S model. Both bikes are almost identical "under the skin", The S model having slightly heavier front springs to cater for the extra weight and possibly downforce generated by the fairing.

While Lurking recently I have seen Jackals' videos from Cambodia. Some of those roads leave a lot to be desired although the ZRX is a far more capable machine than its size and weight should allow.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I didn't know about the S having heavier springs.

As the front forks are the most obvious weak point on the bike, that's interesting.

Nice bike. Are you on the zrxoa?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was a registered member of the zrxoa but haven't been on there for a very log time. I was at one time the top poster on the UK version, zrxoc but these days have less spare time and would rather spend time sat behind handlebars rather than a keyboard.

441 - 460 of 473 Posts