Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

461 - 473 of 473 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
@ridervfr

you've got way too much stuff in your garage....I'm totally inspired to help you out, make some room by taking your white VFR outta there. Just let me know and I'll have it picked up immediately. (you've got title, right?) :wink2:

Seriously...its a beauty, what year? Your daughter (?) a cutie too.

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
my latest "other" addition to the stable 2019 HONDER CBR650R

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
WOW just gotta do ALL the MODS....after my GP shift mod is done. Got me stumped for weeks now...the LH crankcase and shift linkage is still all apart, :surprise: I've assembled and tried it 3 times now. Besides various parts I keep forgetting to put back in each time, will the broken crankcase bolts leak much? :surprise: Honda should have made this an option with handlebar switch activation. :crying: I'm gonna complain to them :frown2: ....maybe they'll give me a 10% discount on my next oil filter. :nerd:

Maybe I'll even get to ride it someday? :grin2: Sure :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
hmmmm...grip heaters, I know how to install easy...I'll remove the handle bars. Will the front end fall off the bike? I suppose I can always invest $500-600 in front and rear stands to support the bike while I install the $15.95 grip heaters, no? A big, giant toggle switch and a tank mounted pilot light to remind me when its ON. I'll use 14-2 (with ground) Romex with wire nuts (no loose connections :wink2:) Hey, I got leftover wire nuts from the Triumph 675! Think of the savings!

Man, I got this goin' on! :grin2:

Somebody said "LITFA" to me. What does that mean? :wink2:

·
Registered
842 Posts
WOW just gotta do ALL the MODS....after my GP shift mod is done. Got me stumped for weeks now...the LH crankcase and shift linkage is still all apart, :surprise: I've assembled and tried it 3 times now. Besides various parts I keep forgetting to put back in each time, will the broken crankcase bolts leak much? :surprise: Honda should have made this an option with handlebar switch activation. :crying: I'm gonna complain to them :frown2: ....maybe they'll give me a 10% discount on my next oil filter. :nerd:

Maybe I'll even get to ride it someday? :grin2: Sure :wink2:
hmmmm...grip heaters, I know how to install easy...I'll remove the handle bars. Will the front end fall off the bike? I suppose I can always invest $500-600 in front and rear stands to support the bike while I install the $15.95 grip heaters, no? A big, giant toggle switch and a tank mounted pilot light to remind me when its ON. I'll use 14-2 (with ground) Romex with wire nuts (no loose connections :wink2:) Hey, I got leftover wire nuts from the Triumph 675! Think of the savings!

Man, I got this goin' on! :grin2:

Somebody said "LITFA" to me. What does that mean? :wink2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
When i was 17, i bought a Honda CB125 Superdream. I clocked up some miles on that little bike and always regretted selling it. Came across one a few years ago for little money that needed restoring. As good as new now.

·
Super Moderator
15,149 Posts
^ pics or it didn't....:grin2:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Now that is a seriously weird and wonderful motorcycle. I've never heard of the Velocette LE model, and chances are virtually 100% I won't ever see one in the flesh. Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
4,959 Posts
The LE owners club have a members list that shows there are 87 LE's dotted around America.....there are 300 in Canada.
The club produce a quarterly mag which has been following a couples 12month tour of the USA on a pair of LE's.

They were at Houston the beggining of December, planning to spend Christmas with relatives in Fort Worth, then heading for ElPaso.
There is a slim chance you could come across them somewhere near you,:laugh:

461 - 473 of 473 Posts