Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found or looked for a different type of side stand. It would be nice to find one that has more of an angle for the bike to rest on. Some days depending on were I park, it looks likes it's going to fall over if some one bumps it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,526 Posts
I raised the front suspension by half an inch and it fixed my problem.

To do so all I did was to slide the forks down through the triple tree clamp.

You could get a set of dogbones or even try to cut the stand a bit and put a new plate if you feel adventurous ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,165 Posts
then turn it around and put it on the other side... do you have a kick stand plate to put under the foot so it doesn't dig into the ground?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Knightslugger said:
then turn it around and put it on the other side... do you have a kick stand plate to put under the foot so it doesn't dig into the ground?
Your saying to put the side stand on the other side of the bike ??? :eek:

I suppose a kick stand plate in the tank bag would not be a bad idea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
turn the bike around. and I carry a plate under my seat for when I park for long periods of time on asphalt.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,165 Posts
redline said:
Knightslugger said:
then turn it around and put it on the other side... do you have a kick stand plate to put under the foot so it doesn't dig into the ground?
Your saying to put the side stand on the other side of the bike ??? :eek:

I suppose a kick stand plate in the tank bag would not be a bad idea.
no, phyically turn it around so the bike is leanng another direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
If you want it to tilt a little more towards the kickstand, you could also just find a parking area that's not quite level and park with the left side on the downhill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MrSciTrek said:
If you want it to tilt a little more towards the kickstand, you could also just find a parking area that's not quite level and park with the left side on the downhill.
not always possible when parking downtown and you have limited space.

I just thought that maybe someone had found an after market stand with more of an angle to it. Since the bike has been manufactured since 1987

I could always snag the one of my wife's new Vulcan 500 ... ;D It's shiny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,369 Posts
Just bend it, or buy a set of my dogbones to rais the rear.

FOG
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top