Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. It's been months since i installed my rearsets and a few less months since i've ridden my bike. This just popped into my head. With the rearsets on the sidestand is in the way. I want to keep it. My current fix to keep it out of the way is pretty lame and I don't think it will last through this year of riding. I cut a piece of plastic i had laying around. I thin used to zip ties to secure it to keep the sidestand from getting close enough to the bike(high enough to be in the way. Then i ran some electrical tape over it. It does move and will most likely pop off by the end of this year. I'm looking for common fixes that make this not an issue. I swear that i read one about getting a part made that extends the sidestand so it doesn't get in the way and actually makes it alittle longer. I did a search and came up with nothing. Then again that would have been on ex500riders and not here as I just found this forum a week or so ago. I'm just looking for some advice on a quality and permenant fix for this. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts