Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this site. I was reading up on the dogbone topics because i was wanting to get some but everyone said that they had to use the centerstand because the side stand will not touch the ground. I no longer have a centerstand thanks to muzzy. Does a company make a longer one or someone on this site could.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you're referring to shorter dogbones then actually the side stand does still function it's the center stand that often doesn't. So in that case you'd be in good shape. ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. but i was going to raise it but is there any other problems i might get from doing that?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
none that I know of..

I am a big fan of carrying hockey pucks to fix the aforementioned trouble ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
trick said:
ok thanks. but i was going to raise it but is there any other problems i might get from doing that?
You'll need shorter dogbones in order to raise the rearend. That is what I war referring to in my original reply. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Shorter dorbones raise the rearend. i raised mine 2 inches and it made a big diffrence in the bike. as for the sidestand or centerstand, they both do still work, you just have to favor the grade sorta speak for the side stand, and my centerstand won't lift the rear off the ground. it still does raise it enough for a tire change. if your looking to still be able to lift the rear off the ground regularly just get a stand. as for sidestand lengthening carry a hockey puck or or something with some thickness to it to compensate for the lift. just be sure to use something that has a couple inches of width or more to spread the weight.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If the ground is flat I can use the centre stand, though the rear wheel stays on the ground, it's not the most stable, mainly I only put it on the centre stand in my garage, a hockey puck is a good idea though. I raised my rear end up with shorter bones from FOG and the difference is awesome, but the only annoying thing is the chain now hits the rubber guard under hard acceleration. Do any of you guys get that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts