Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2002 GPZ 500s with a single front disc. From what I've read though it should have twin discs.

I've completely redone the bike recently stripping it back to bare frame and removing the vast quantity of rust, I'll post some pictures when I get home.

I can't find any part numbers or anything on the old pads and the ones I did order are too big for the caliper, I'm assuming they are for the twin disc version which I think has different calipers.

Any suggestions or experience beyond measuring the existing pads with some vernier calipers to try find a matching set?

·
Super Moderator
15,481 Posts
how 'bout posting pics of your existing pads? Thats at least a start to resolution.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
hi. it depends on the bike. photos would help, but it is unclear which bike you have. yes a 2002 should be a E9 model with twin front discs. but the year is immaterial as this is the registration date only. you could have a D6/7 with single disc made in 2000 or 2001 but only registered in 2002 having been stood in a dealers for a while.
also seeing has how it's almost 10 year old it could be a E9 but had crash damage and been repaired with parts form a older bike. the paint scheme will tell the year of manufacture hence the photos. E models have some different features that are easy to spot if you know what to look for. as for the brake pads.

a photo of the calliper and the pads you bought. may shed light on why they don't fit.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
bump. hi @Sonic164 no photos yet, is this a sign the issues have been resolved and that help is no longer required. or no time/inclination to do it.
I only ask so as to establish if this thread is active and needs observing or whether it's a one question no follow up dead thread that should be abandoned or put on the back burner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts