Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running up hill in January

That is how Ron Ayers is currently operating.
I ordered parts on August 16, was supposed to arrive between September 8 and 13. As of today, still no word.
when all this corona bologna is done with

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
same over here @bpe I ordered some winter gloves 4 weeks ago still no sign of them. ironically the ignition switch I ordered to modify for the how to. arrived within 48hrs. go figure seems some places are on short time and others are back to normal. or what passes for normal.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh oh, thanks for reminding me. I should go ahead and look into some gloves.

20200924_185539.jpg

20200924_185548.jpg

I have a feeling these may wear out before winter.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm about to order some parts for my VFR rebuild this Winter; refreshing every O ring in and around the cooling system, including a new thermostat.

Ordering way early, so that I do not get anxious about shipping times.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I ordered some leather winter gloves from Oman and they arrived faster than that! Heck, stuff directly from China is that quick. I think the virus is being increasingly used as an excuse for poor service.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
It's funny, I haven't ordered any factory parts yet, but I ordered my 3 wire signals, clear lenses, and my red/amber rear turn signal bulbs and they all came within 4 days.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On a related note it would appear that there is a shortage of NGK DR9EA spark plugs. RA currently charging more than $5 for DR9EA, but $2 for DR8EA plugs. It must be a supply and demand issue for that price spread.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it would appear to be hit and miss.
20200925_172343.jpg

Signal bracket ordered 8 days ago from the local dealer is in. All set to replace on Sunday. I see a front signal bracket replacement How-To in the works. I'll omit the part dealing with cleaning off all the duct tape glue residue though. 😄

·
Super Moderator
15,027 Posts
ordered a small component from East Coast Ebay dealer prominently declaring "IN STOCK". Where does it ship from? West Coast. Waiting a week already...from the East Coast location would have arrived in a couple of days. My bad...I misinterpreted their proclamation of "having it in stock" actually meant having it in stock! How silly of me. Obvious seller misrepresentation, and my feedback will state so.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, 10 days later and still nothing. Very disappointing to say the least. I think it may be UPS related. Haven't been seeing many of those trucks lately. Was noticing one Fed X truck after the other a couple days ago. Why don't they just use Fed X? Better yet just mail it.

If your employees are scared to work, It's time to fire them. Give their jobs to the millions that would love to work

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, another 2 weeks later. Still nothing. More than 2 months now.

I went ahead and ordered my next signal bracket along with some O-rings I'm going to need for an upcoming valve adjustment. This time I tried Parts Nation. Ordered them last week, they said they would arrive between Oct 21 and Oct 29. We'll see how that goes.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Parts nation update:
Order came in. In 3 separate deliveries. The whole order a signal bracket and various O-rings, can fit in the palm of one hand. 2 deliveries came on time, and 1 was a couple of days late.

Ron Ayers update: Almost 3 months later, nothing. Went ahead and used their "contact us" button last week, no response.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
yeah that is disappointing. over here we are in full lockdown AGAIN. nothing seems to be working apart from Hospitals the police and the postal service. but I ordered a new oil/air filter and plugs for the winter service on Thursday figuring it would arrive before winter sets in. well it all arrived today after 3working days. so I guess there are more people working than I thought there was.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time it takes Ron Ayers to secure payment for said order.

·
Super Moderator
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:
Still waiting on RA.

Meanwhile Jupiter has aligned with Mars. So I will be replacing both tires at the same time this winter. First time I've replaced both at the same time. Tires ordered 2 days ago, and guaranteed to be here by 12-2-20.
20201127_171448.jpg

Low and behold 60 hours after ordered and here they are.
Not Ron Ayers

·
Super Moderator
15,027 Posts
ordered a small component from East Coast Ebay dealer prominently declaring "IN STOCK". Where does it ship from? West Coast. Waiting a week already...from the East Coast location would have arrived in a couple of days. My bad...I misinterpreted their proclamation of "having it in stock" actually meant having it in stock! How silly of me. Obvious seller misrepresentation, and my feedback will state so.
History repeats itself....happened again. Apparently the Ebay claim of "in stock" means in stock somewhere nowadays. Another East Coast vendor advertising totally false "in stock" information....part actually shipped from out West

1 - 19 of 19 Posts