Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ron Ayers just sent an email saying my order has shipped. It may be a trick. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Super Moderator
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks like RA order came in yesterday.
20201218_071340.jpg

Total time from order to delivery********************4months 1 day
Reasons given for slack service********************none
Apologies given for slack service*******************none
Compensations given for slack service************none
Brownie points given for slack service*************none
Satisfaction for poor review of slack service*******priceless

20201218_071421.jpg

I can keep their order next to alternative replacement parts sourced through other venders.

20201218_071504.jpg

I noticed in their paper work here,
that there is a 25% restocking fee to cover any inconvenience I may cause for them. If I were to return, or even cancel the order once placed.

·
Super Moderator
15,174 Posts
my God 4 months!

·
Super Moderator
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good thing I didn't move.

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
71 Posts
Man and I get upset over 3 weeks. What was the "special" handling?

·
Super Moderator
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^ I'm not sure. Did they charge me for storage?

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Super Moderator
15,174 Posts
I've become aware anytime my USPS shipments, in or outgoing hits the "regional facility" in Newark, NJ....sit they do for days on end. Tracking shows a current inbound shipment from PA sat in Newark for 5 days! 7-8 days from PA? Normally 2. What the heck they smokin' in Newark?

·
Super Moderator
6,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
2009 Ninja EX500r
71 Posts
Same thing going on in Indianapolis Regional distribution.

·
Super Moderator
15,174 Posts
Usually USPS are pretty darn good. I'm hoping with holiday crunch being over, they'll get back to norm.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Usually USPS are pretty darn good. I'm hoping with holiday crunch being over, they'll get back to norm.
Don't bet on it. USPS has been horrible for months now. Well, at least here in the Chicago area. I've been shipping with Fed Ex instead for quite a while now. Definitely a few bucks more per package, but the peace of mind of it getting there on time (no upset customers demanding refunds) is well worth it.
Not to mention, the lady at Fed Ex is always pleasant and chatty, whilst the guy over at the PO always acts like he's sitting on an angry 'roid.

Reactions: FlipFlop

·
Super Moderator
15,174 Posts
6 days, going on 7 now for a small package shipped within the NE tri state area (NY-NJ-CT) Yup, hung up for days again in that same, notoriously slow NJ facility. USPS needs to shake that place up, never ever used to be this way. Meanwhile, a package from Taiwan arrives in 7 days. USPS.... this is unacceptable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
6 days, going on 7 now for a small package shipped within the NE tri state area (NY-NJ-CT) Yup, hung up for days again in that same, notoriously slow NJ facility. USPS needs to shake that place up, never ever used to be this way. Meanwhile, a package from Taiwan arrives in 7 days. USPS.... this is unacceptable.
Bought some parts from EBAY seller in Maine. He warned me USPS Priority Mail was slow, before he packed up the parts to send, giving me the chance to cancel.
I watched the Tracking: 8 days in Maine, then flown to Florida, stayed overnight, flown to California, another several days pass, and finally delivered: total: 16 days!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts