Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know when we were all on ex500riders the subject of making a tray that fit underneath seat area was one of the topics of discussion. i was just wondering if there is anyone here who has done it and can give a how to on doing it. with dimensions and pics for the reading challenge on here. thanks

Bastard Child

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I know it's been done here, just don't remember by who :-\

When you get the measurements, you might want to know whether the maker of the tray had the dogbones installed or not.. I've read that someone had their tray marked by the rear tire ;)

I can't find the thread(s) though ???

·
Registered
244 Posts
one of the fender eliminator threads has one such tray. is on my todo list. i think the tire dent was a different thread, but same person.

G

·
I did mine in two seperate pieces that peak in the middle so that I could get mroe storage to the front and back of the peak. The box is 7 inches wide and 3 or 4 (i forget) inches deep at both ends. I can fit 2 spray cans side by side in the back part of the box...if that helps give shape to anything! It was fairly easy, I just used tin snips to cut the sheetmetal and made some crude bends by clamping the metal in a workmate and folding it over. I used electrical tape to cover up the sharp edges of the metal, and zip ties to hold it onto the frame. The only thing I still have to do is run a bead of silicone across the centre joint becasue as you can see, I was riding in the rain and some crap seeped inside.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Cool, much less typing this way... This is still the most usefull mod I've done. I did ditch those LP turn signals, if you tuck the stock ones in tight it looks good and is MUCH more functional. It is probably better to just get a sheet of posterboard and make a pattern. Then transfer to alum.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts