Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I have an 07 with stock exhaust and I probably won't change it b/c I'm trying to sell the bike. That being said...here's plenty of reason for the rest of you to upgrade.

My nephew Nathan is 2 years old and he loves my motorcycle. "Uncle Kevyn cycle" is what he calls it. Well, the other day when he was in the front yard the neighbors had land scapers over mowing the lawn. He heard the lawn mower, and said it... "Uncle Kevyn cycle." Yup, his simple, innocent 2 year old brain equated a lawn mower to the sound of our bikes. My brother-in-law almost fell over laughing while I...posted my bike on craigslist--not really. So change your exhaust...soon. Good day gentlemen

·
Registered
348 Posts
My bro has an '88 EX500 with a full Yoshi 2-1 exhaust. I started my bike on next to his, and couldn't even hear it at idle over his. I had to rev my bike up to about 5k before I could even distinguish it... and his was still idling.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have a v&h and when I ride by the "hollers" the reverb is amazing even through my helmet. Still doesn't scare the dogs away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the Sarachu Exhaust slip-ons.

I did and they really woke up my bike. I kept my old cans and will reinstall or offer the option to the buyer if they want it to sound like a lawnmower.

They just came out with stainless steel ones:
http://speedbikecafe.com/Merchant2/...&Product_Code=EX500STAINLESS&Category_Code=ES

Here is the same thing in aluminum: Much cheaper.. same performence!
http://speedbikecafe.com/Merchant2/...=SR&Product_Code=EX500ALUMIN&Category_Code=ES

Here is how they look on my bike:
http://www.helifreak.com/album_mod/upload/2f6a5e33fe48ce5a4100ff8d5506a513.jpg

They are around 7 lbs for both cans, which equals the weight of just one of the stock exhausts. MAKE THE SWITCH! The install was pretty easy too.

-Gagi :D

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
blent87 said:
I like the quieter exhaust, that way my neighbors don't yell at me for waking them up in the mornings.....
That's WHY i had a loud exhaust... i rather enjoyed pissing my neighbors off... just about as much as they enjoy pissing me off :evil:

R

·
0 Posts
I don't understand.... I rode up behind a guy on an EX the other day, he had a Muzzy. It really sounded crappy, IMO. If the stocker sounds like a lawnmower, the Muzzy sounds like a lawnmower without the muffler. If someone made a pipe that wasn't any louder I might buy one. Until then, stock for me...

Rich

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Knightslugger said:
blent87 said:
I like the quieter exhaust, that way my neighbors don't yell at me for waking them up in the mornings.....
That's WHY i had a loud exhaust... i rather enjoyed pissing my neighbors off... just about as much as they enjoy pissing me off :evil:
Oh, so THAT explains your avatar! ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
+ 1 for sounding like a lawnmower, that's why I have Sarachus now, it still has a little bit of that lawnmower sound (lil' 2 cyl engine :( ) but it's a MEAN lawn mower now! 8)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Until mine gets set up strictly for the track, I'll probably keep the quiet stock exhaust on there. I work until midnight, so I usually get home after 12:30am, and I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate a quiet exhaust. (Not that I cared much when I'd get home on the Bandit with the Holeshot race can. But, I would shut it off as I came around the corner, and coast into my driveway.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
no one can tell mine is even a 500 with my jardine. they scoff at me till i pass them with a deafening wail. ;D

·
Registered
19,368 Posts
alerbaugh said:
no one can tell mine is even a 500 with my jardine. they scoff at me till i pass them with a deafening wail. ;D
Deafening Fart Fart Fart maybe

·
Registered
81 Posts
Our bikes get no respect on first glance... My new girlfriend thought it sounded like a lawn mower when she first saw it (with the V&H system on it). But when she turned away i gunned it and she nearly jumped out of her skin, so its all even.

R

·
0 Posts
Well, with my new Hindle on the bike, it certainly turned a few heads last night. At least now when I get cut off, I can pull next to the guy at the following stop light and give him an 8,000 rpm treat. :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Royson said:
Well, with my new Hindle on the bike, it certainly turned a few heads last night. At least now when I get cut off, I can pull next to the guy at the following stop light and give him an 8,000 rpm treat. :)
And then....he could get pissed off and run over you ...or not .

R

·
0 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
Royson said:
(I wouldn't actually do that :) )

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Royson said:
Lucky#13 said:
Royson said:
(I wouldn't actually do that :) )
:) Me either .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts