Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Nick D said:
http://louisville.craigslist.org/mcy/259676513.html

I think they're screwed on getting their money, but obviously they just weren't meant for the sport. I don't know if I could ever give up so easily, though.
Think of it this way,
if you dont know how to ride,
why would you spend 5G on a sportbike?
its liek people think that by sitting on it and "going slow" theyll miraculously have all the techniques down.

i feel worse for the bike then the "rider"
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Judging by their last comment about new fairing price, I doubt they did any research on the bike (Upper fairing hasn't changed in a long time).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
stolen...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PontiacJack said:
stolen...
I don't know if it's stolen, but if they get $4000 for it, wrecked, I'd have to think that they're robbing someone during the sale.

smithmax said:
Judging by their last comment about new fairing price, I doubt they did any research on the bike (Upper fairing hasn't changed in a long time).
I thought the same thing about the fairing. With the same chunk of plastic on everything from '94 to '07 (and probably 2027) that fairing is going to cost "about $500" until my bike is nothing but dust, plus inflation of course :p.

AntiAndy said:
Think of it this way,
if you don't know how to ride,
why would you spend 5G on a sportbike?
its like people think that by sitting on it and "going slow" they'll miraculously have all the techniques down.

i feel worse for the bike then the "rider"
They were probably shopping for a brand new 250 when some "buddy" told them that they'd never be happy with a 250. Now they're out an extra $2000+. Some people are just excessively loose with their money, I suppose. Dave Ramsey calls it "Stupid Tax." ;D

I figure they're at the point now they'd just as well go on with learning to ride. The bike is just now getting broken in ;).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
hollywood said:
I don't think there are too many people who did NOT fall or crash their bike when they first started.
when you first start you're paranoid... which tends to keep the bike upright asside for the 0mph tip-over... most crashes are between 2 & 5k miles when you start getting complacent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
OreoGaborio said:
hollywood said:
I don't think there are too many people who did NOT fall or crash their bike when they first started.
when you first start you're paranoid... which tends to keep the bike upright asside for the 0mph tip-over... most crashes are between 2 & 5k miles when you start getting complacent.
ridden 8K miles in almost a year,no crashes, tho the first time i got on a two wheeler (burgman 650) i tipped it like 4 times at 0mph LOL
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Motorcycle accidents sound similar to flying accidents, most of them (flying) happen with pilots who have between 500-800 hours. This is due to the fact that people are feeling pretty good about their abilities yet still don't have the wisdom of high experience. My bike has been dropped plenty at 0mph!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lucky#13 said:
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation says that the first 500 miles are the most deadly.
So after that if you bust your a$$ , statistically you should live to tell about it .
Baahahahaha! That is profound and hilarious all at the same time :p. I like it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Nick D said:
Lucky#13 said:
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation says that the first 500 miles are the most deadly.
So after that if you bust your a$$ , statistically you should live to tell about it .
Baahahahaha! That is profound and hilarious all at the same time :p. I like it!
haha, yeh, im gonna use that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
"ONLY PROBLEMS ITS WAS WRECKED "

roflmao


Old quote that ALL riders should know "there are only two types of riders, those who've gone down and those that will go down."

cut and dry.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top