Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Congrats!

I have a fondness for Honda as well. I've owned four of them: a Z50 as a tyke, a CM400t and two Nighthawks. To me, there's something strangely satisfying about seeing that name on the tank.

That bike looks like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
[MENTION=75705]
The '19 considered a bit overpriced, but I believe they've raised the bar with this machine. Designing practicality over pure performance...intending this machine for comfortable, effective daily street use is obviously attracting my interest.
Honda obviously puts more into R&D than the others when it comes to developing a new bike. It shows in the level of quality, refinement and reliability. There's a good reason why a lot of people say "...and it's a Honda" when weighing a bike's merits. They slipped for a while after the death of their two superb test riders in an accident in 1998, and without Soichiro's leadership, but it sure seems to me that they're bouncing back.

I would expect Honda to be more expensive than their competitors. Magazines used knock Honda for the level of refinement, saying their bikes lacked "character". Of course, these are the same guys who ride knucklehead Harleys and Velocettes. To me, that commitment to quality is what makes me feel good about seeing that logo on the tank.

Yes, I know I'm a moderator on a Kawasaki forum. I've loved the Kawis (and Yamahas) I've owned, but there's something special about Honda.

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Being in a position where I don't HAVE to have this CBR...rather I'd LIKE to have it.....while I'm still able to ride and enjoy....
I can make valid points both for and against the purchase....but after much consideration over the weekend.......decided I'm gonna capture the moment and go for it. :grin2:

Some paperwork/forms creating a slight delay of funding on my end ...I figure I'll see this machine 7-10 days.

Not a super rush.
I think you're gonna love it. BTW, using moderator font in that post may have been a little over the top :grin2:

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
Coincidentally rode today, guy with gutted pipes on a Harley....incredibly obnoxious on the over run, generally obnoxious everywhere. Totally reaffirms my attraction to the CBR "stealth" attribute.
I know a few people myself who are generally obnoxious everywhere:laugh:. The only problem with a super quiet machine is animals. I once had a Celica that was really quiet and I hit so many animals I was seriously considering putting a sticker on the fender for each roadkill. Annoying with a car, a bigger problem on a bike, but if you don't venture out much after dark it shouldn't matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts