Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Without 2nd thought, now ramping it up, revving on the fun, nimble little 650. About 1200 (?) miles on it now. When doing my back road loops...very difficult to decide which bike gets the key.
Thus, the very reason why I'm down to only one bike...will never have a problem deciding!!! :grin2:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I can tell you, after having this motorcycle for a few months now when I came back from my ride yesterday I just felt...better! What I mean is that this bike is just an all-around awesome motorcycle!

I've thought about all the other motorcycles I've owned and they're all special. Had a great experiences with them and they all could tell some stories. And maybe someday I'll go back to owning another one of them.

But this CB650F...just feels like I'm loving it a little more every time I ride it!

I'm sure not everyone can/would say that but for what I ride this bike seems to do it all. AND...it's got some bite to it when you twist the throttle.

When I was at the dealer yesterday they asked me how the Honda was and I told them I've developed some bad habits with it. 1) I'm doing faster take-off's and, 2) I'm riding a little faster than I normally do. They asked if that was a bad thing and I admit...I started smiling before I answered, "Nope!".

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
quite the capable little booger....twisties, highway, commuter...(Honda) reliable, super smooth I4, sporty yet reasonably comfortable, effortless ability to triple digits yet able to cruise in chosen low rpm applications. Agile and "sticky", easily throwing it around turns brings fun factor into focus. Its long term, modern "no touch" service intervals icing on the cake. Impressive.

My older Ducati's have some serious competition with this thing on various levels, the 4 offering an alternative, perfectly complimenting the twins in the stable.

I look forward, when required, to installing some quality tires. No regrets whatsoever, glad I dove right into the deep end.

All your fault @Devilsfan :wink2:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
All your fault @Devilsfan :wink2:

Glad you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine! And hearing your compliments makes me feel good about my purchase. I say that because I don't have the experience in riding these more sportier bikes as you do. Going from cruiser, cruiser, cruiser, cruiser, cruiser, (and I may be leaving out another cruiser!) sport cruiser, ADV, ADV, ADV, EX500, now this Honda...

And it's funny how the older I've been getting the more toned-down I've been when riding...and now this Honda grabs me and wants me to have fun, only a little faster!!! >:)

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
Absolutely. Deceivingly quick..I think due to the super smooth I4 all the way up to redline has the tendency to mislead. Very easy to get in trouble...must use restraint and better judgement where road/traffic situations apply.

I'm finding the CBR forum almost boring...no real tech problems to speak of, topics include the usual heated grips, exhaust mods, Power Commander, et al. Just 1 reported "won't start" thread...no mech failures, ECU issues, no breakdowns. In contrast ducati.ms, ninjette, EX500 are war zones.

I can understand...other than an oil/filter change, usual tire pressures and chain maintenance....nothing required. Haven't even looked at the ODO recently. In a respect reminiscent of my VFR.

No complaints at all (fully anticipated) and precisely why I followed your lead in purchase of this modern era Honda. Most impressive little bugger.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
On Sunday I was riding home and got behind some young kid driving a Ford Fiesta all decked out like the "Fast and Furious" movies. We hit a red light and were waiting. When it turned green the kid let's the car in front of him get some distance.

Now...I see what he's doing and in my "older age" wouldn't oblige.

Buuut...because of this Honda I now have, when this kid punched it I was right on his AZZZ and never twisted more than half throttle!!!
This went on for about 5 miles and we hit around 90 mph. I know, I know...not a smart thing to do. But, you know these youngin's need to show some respect for the elders! >:)

The kid winds up turning off to the left and as I passed him his buddy in the passenger seat was shaking his head!!!

Like I said, for me, this Honda is just a joy to ride!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Went to the gun show at the fairgrounds yesterday. TOTALLY packed! The line of cars trying to get in and park was more than I've ever seen. Part of the reason was they also had a cheerleading competition on the other end of the fairgrounds.

Anyway, after sitting for a few minutes waiting for these people to realize they need to MOVE, I pulled a "California" and started lane splitting through the masses!!! They have motorcycle parking up by the front gate so all the parking attendants simply waved me through! >:)

I'm sure I pissed a few people off but...sometimes it pays to ride! :) Also, this bike is so easy to navigate through the "obstacles". Love my Honda!

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
well i'm done for '19 season, bike fuel stabilized, covered, battery removed to warm indoors.
@Devilsfan...thread entirely yours till mid March or so. #comeonspringdammit

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow!

I have this coming week of school then we're off for two weeks. Hopefully, those 2 weeks will be nice riding weather!

·
Administrator
3,608 Posts
Supposed to be 80 degrees here tomorrow!

I have this coming week of school then we're off for two weeks. Hopefully, those 2 weeks will be nice riding weather!
Please don't take this personally but I don't like you anymore :laugh:
If you get the weather, put in a few miles for me, will you?

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
The pic in post #128 is the '19 CBR650R model (mine, actually) @Devilsfan has the '18 CB650F model. Built on identical powerplant, frame, swingarm....should be near identical width wise. Very agile, user friendly, easy to ride ...a very light "feel" to toss around.

'19 R had a couple of changes, beyond obvious bodywork. USD forks, some cam profile and timing, ECU tuning, piston design, airbox & filter with ram air resulting in increased redline, power/torque up a bit too at higher RPM.

A great little motorbike. Can't wait for spring to finally pop here, won't be long.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't seen very many 2019 R's for sale...the 2020s look like quite the improvement. The 2020 Ninja 1000s are also calling for me! UGH!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
@Devilsfan meant to ask how many miles you got on your 650 now?
Sorry, didn't see this post until now.

I'm almost at 8,000. Should be more but I have a leased car that I give back to Chevy in July. I am way UNDER my allotted mileage and, with they way they treat you as a customer after doing business with them for years, I've been driving as much as possible to put more miles on it. They ain't getting a car with low miles on it from me so THEY can make money off of my discipline!!! I even told those assholes I would put it up on the rack and just let the engine run off a few thousand miles if I have to before they get it!

·
Super Moderator
14,500 Posts
I haven't seen very many 2019 R's for sale...the 2020s look like quite the improvement. The 2020 Ninja 1000s are also calling for me! UGH!
Mother Honda has made some model # changes from '18 to '20...

*completely gone is the CB650F replaced by the '20 CB650R "neo sports cafe"
*the '20 CBR650R (fully faired) remains unchanged from '19. (the CBR650R replaced the CBR650F in '19)

121 - 140 of 155 Posts