Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'll refrain from any off road use. :surprise:

....removing. :wink2:

Seriously, I'm a fair weather rider only, no rain riding. I can't predict any downside to removal.

The upside? The end of all the comments I'm getting....."Dude....tailpiece....jeez!!!" :grin2:

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wow, major decreased Hampton population from summer beach season to late October.

A cool, breezy 60F degree day, the mighty VFR got the key. The +100 mile roundtrip, aka the "Mansion Run"...destination my most favored bay/ocean county park via riding smack through the center of Southampton Village into the oceanfront mansion area. Waterfront park windy and desolate, village presence light, as was traffic. Refreshing, relaxing, enjoyable.

Forgot my cell phone left charging in my garage= no pics. Riding without phone otherwise no big deal, same way I did long before their existence.

The "gargantuan manschion" still awaits completion.

Reactions: dmende0919

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
As we are rapidly approaching the end of riding season here in the Northeast, while sunny and around 50 today was an appropriate time to capture my "end of the road" run. Around 150 mile total, via both empty back roads and busy highways.

All within the Township of Easthampton...I purposely included Cedar Point Park, the "end" at Napeague Harbor and return to include lunch at my favored Astro Pizza in Amaghansett (owner and I on 1st name basis a result of my repetitive visits, usually via my older Ducati, which he admires as he's an Italian fella')

Certain areas were desolate, a super (though long) ride today! The VFR got the key. Pics...great roads and destination.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
109 miles on the little 650 Monday. This old, disused, obsolete, tree lined Hamptons road (replaced by new road running parallel) on my list of faves. Obscure, green, quiet, slow, relaxed pace. Good spot to stretch the legs some. Zero traffic!

Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Mode of transport Adventure

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
leaves just beginning to turn here

Vehicle Motorcycle Tree Adventure Trail

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The Southampton mansion run...put approx 109 miles on the 900SS today. Carbs faultless, running superb, temps lower 70's, cloudless skies. Home by 12:30.....onward to homey type crap.

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Investing in some very fine carb tuning (various alternate sized, tiny air correction jets) has resulted in the 900ss running best its ever run under my possession. As close to FI as I can get the Mikuni CV's... perfect, smooth throttle response everywhere from stop (or off idle) right through redline....or able to lug along at very low RPM. This evidenced by a run out to Southampton this early morning where I was able to hit one 3 O in a certain safe area (more there but I punked out).. Anyways....this set of 900ss carbs to be left as is.

Reactions: jorge moros

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Post Labor day....did the 100+ mile Shinnecock East/Southampton run this morning on the Duc 800. My bumpy little, disused twisty back road (through Suffolk County parklands) was repaved over the summer! Hamptons still busy, quite a bit of traffic.

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Bird

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Reactions: auburn and bpe

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looks nice! It's always a pleasure to ride on freshly paved roads, especially if there are good curves.

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Agreed the slow, twisty, scenic route always wins. Taking in all the beautiful, woodsy, green scenery, I'm not "speeding" in any respect.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Looks like a nice place . If you didn't have to go through hell to get there.

FOG

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
no biggie, 20 minutes on Long Island expressway east...another 15 minutes on route 24, and I'm there. Part of my Southampton "mansion" route anyways.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Done that many time on the way to the bridge (gone sniff) except you can spend 20 min just at the end of theLIE alone

FOG

·
Administrator
15,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
repeated trip again today using the carbed 900SS, passed 38,000 on the odo...and running awesome. About 1 hour door to Shinnecock East...51 miles each way.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts