Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'll refrain from any off road use. :surprise:

....removing. :wink2:

Seriously, I'm a fair weather rider only, no rain riding. I can't predict any downside to removal.

The upside? The end of all the comments I'm getting....."Dude....tailpiece....jeez!!!" :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow, major decreased Hampton population from summer beach season to late October.

A cool, breezy 60F degree day, the mighty VFR got the key. The +100 mile roundtrip, aka the "Mansion Run"...destination my most favored bay/ocean county park via riding smack through the center of Southampton Village into the oceanfront mansion area. Waterfront park windy and desolate, village presence light, as was traffic. Refreshing, relaxing, enjoyable.

Forgot my cell phone left charging in my garage= no pics. Riding without phone otherwise no big deal, same way I did long before their existence.

The "gargantuan manschion" still awaits completion.

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
As we are rapidly approaching the end of riding season here in the Northeast, while sunny and around 50 today was an appropriate time to capture my "end of the road" run. Around 150 mile total, via both empty back roads and busy highways.

All within the Township of Easthampton...I purposely included Cedar Point Park, the "end" at Napeague Harbor and return to include lunch at my favored Astro Pizza in Amaghansett (owner and I on 1st name basis a result of my repetitive visits, usually via my older Ducati, which he admires as he's an Italian fella')

Certain areas were desolate, a super (though long) ride today! The VFR got the key. Pics...great roads and destination.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
109 miles on the little 650 Monday. This old, disused, obsolete, tree lined Hamptons road (replaced by new road running parallel) on my list of faves. Obscure, green, quiet, slow, relaxed pace. Good spot to stretch the legs some. Zero traffic!

hbaug3.jpg

41 - 45 of 45 Posts