Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Whoops, missed that part - I've recently installed "dr8eix", but will replace them with resistor-less ones when I replace my o-rings on the coolant lines and clean out the caps and drain holes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can I use the denso iridium spark plugs with the NGK plug boots wire set from ebay (the one with red wires)? Will the engine run better?

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey paul,
I did a fair amount of research to dumb down some highly technical stuff for human consumption. You come along and plop a giant bag of promotional **** on top and walk away, What are you trying to say?
2 how too stickies are supposed to be informative, not a dump for all kinds of opinion. I you have something to add say it.

A little annoyed FOG

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sad that you are annoyed (not really, this is not an apology) at an attempt to give some info. Promotional or not, as far as I am concerned it is information to digest as you see fit.

Adding --- I don't know a lot about spark plug performance or what is best, I do understand some of the principles theory for what should be best. Based on that, I tried iridium and performance seems better.

I happened to see the old ones in the new box in my work bench drawer.

Old OEM was a DENSO X276SR-U and New I put in is NGK DR9EIX (All, I know is things seem better).

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
I also used the NGK Iridium and liked them. Out of laziness because they last longer, Ive done that to most of my vehicles!

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not necessarilly, unless you old system was at fault, but they might last a bit longer.

FOG

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.