Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I am an idiot. I was doing work to my lights with the front tire off. Naturally, I went to test them all, but forgot not to squeeze the front brake lever when the front tire is off. Since there was no pressure like I'm used to, I pulled it all the way back. I looked in my Haynes manual to see what it said, but didn't find anything. What do I need to do to fix the mistake that I made. I don't think I can get the front tire back on, there isn't enough room for the disc to fit. Please help me so I can get back on the road this weekend!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Probably as long as you are careful, remove the fluid cap and take the pads out. And like in a car you could gently (with big C-clamp or tool or etc) squeeze the piston back into the caliper. Just remember to put a small piece of wood or metal on the piston to help distribute the weight.

·
Registered
230 Posts
As long as no fluid leaked, I'd just push a large sreewdriver in between the pads near the center and twist it to push the pads back and put it back on. Easier to just take the caliper off and put the wheel on and then put the caliper back on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I found that an unused paint stir stick fits between the pucks perfectly. Jam that baby in there the moment you lift the caliper off the rotor.

·
Registered
261 Posts
^^^ Nice tip, I'll have to remember that one.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Why not just keep your brain connected?

FOG

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FOG said:

FOG
The word "connected" implies that it had a connection at some point in time. That is surely not the case.

Brian

·
Registered
348 Posts
FOG said:

FOG

You are starting to sound like spikezx5r. Mistakes happen FOG. Play nice or risk getting flamed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts