Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I pulled some junk out of the inner pocket of my Icon Merc Summer jacket with my gloves on and ham-fistedly ended up pulling the entire pocket out-- I noticed that inside there was a smaller, pencil-sized pocket with a leather strap leading into it. I pulled on the strap to reveal (much to my surprise) a small, metal St. Christopher Medallion with something to the effect of "St. Christopher Protect Us," written on it. I double checked and noticed there was one on the inside of my Icon Mil Spec Vest, too. I'll look for one in my Leather Daytona Jacket tonight.
I don't consider myself a religious person, but I've had this particular jacket for around a year and haven't noticed it before and just thought it was neat-- it definitely wasn't advertised and I never felt it in there; it's kinda a thoughtful touch by a company that wasn't obligated to put these in there.
I was kinda shocked and such and just thought I'd bring it up to see if anyone else had stumbled across these before.

R

·
0 Posts
I think I would suspect wife, mother, significant other, before the company. Or maybe it was just a miracle....

Rich

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na, the puppies are sewn into all my Icons. My dad was going to check his FS just out of curiosity, but no one's really had any alone time with the things but me.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well he is the Patron Saint of Travelers i believe, so it is apropriate.

(although a Muslim or Athiest might not find it amusing)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's not in my Daytona jacket, but it's significantly older than my Mil Spec Vest and Merc.
I'm curious if anyone else's has him (I'm sure they do).

·
Registered
722 Posts
Is you're family catholic? if so I'd suspect a family member, even if you don't think they had the time to do it, if not then you've got me, ill look in my joe rocket jacket see if I have one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I didn't find anything of the sort in all my Icon gear. But whomever did so with your's, it's a nice touch of concern.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
icon puts it inside of some of their jackets . i have on in my merc jacket . it also has "protect us" written in big letters inside on the tail of the jacket . the story of st. christopher is very interesting , you should look it up sometime .

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason said:
Is you're family catholic? if so I'd suspect a family member, even if you don't think they had the time to do it, if not then you've got me, ill look in my joe rocket jacket see if I have one.
Na, my family is atheist, as is every one of my recent girlfriends-- it's clearly a company job. My family can work sheet metal, but they can't sew.

Lucky#13 said:
icon puts it inside of some of their jackets . i have on in my merc jacket . it also has "protect us" written in big letters inside on the tail of the jacket . the story of st. christopher is very interesting , you should look it up sometime .
I'm just glad I'm not insane and someone else has them in their jacket. Like I said, I don't consider myself that religious, but I think it's a nice touch.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I wouldn't mind one in mine, I had considered putting the angelic script for the Ark Angels Raphael and Azrael on my helmet. Raphael to heal my wounds and Azrael incase my wounds couldn't be healed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nothin in mine, i have the stage2 merc jacket in the "slayer" (red/black, icon calls it slayer) colors lol maybe thats why they didnt include it heh

checked super duty red icon gloves....nothin but the "ride among us" slogan

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nothing in my gear, until I put the St. Chris medallion under my seat. It helps calm the family down. They unlike me are very religious.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
St. Chris has been "de-sainted" and is no longer a saint; my wife (Catholic) has St. Benedict medals for the vehicles....

I like the Tom Waites song "Hang On Saint Christopher" check it out!

·
Registered
145 Posts
sojon said:
Nick D said:
Interesting. Kinda makes me want to spend a few extra bucks and get Icon stuff next time.
qft
and they have the coolest gear website ive seen so far
after i put a bid on a mesh icon jacket...
have been doing some research and icon is not exactly getting rave reviews for crash protection...
but it is saving skin... just not completely at speeds over 50mph

·
Registered
138 Posts
i found that medallion in my motorhead jacket (i think) yesterday and i thought it was a great touch and very thoughtful.

And yea, it was definatly put there by Icon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Haha you're not crazy both of my icon jackets have it and my friends who wear icon have it too. There is also a small little pouch in the pocket to keep St. Christopher. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALL icon jackets have the St. Christopher Medallion

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tony_walker88 said:
ALL icon jackets have the St. Christopher Medallion
Actually, no... as the original poster, my Retro Daytona doesn't have it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts