Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy St. Patty's day weekend a bit early. I know I enjoy celebrating this holiday and having spring break the week after is going to be awesome.

I also wanted to ask everyone to think twice about riding this weekend. I know we're all capable motorcyclists, but that does not change the amount of dumb people on the roads. Especially over an immensely alcohol related holiday, many people make bad judgements and decide to endanger everyone else. If you do decide to go out on a ride, be freakin' careful!

So, with that, I wish you a good weekend and extremely safe riding this weekend.

Stogie

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
^ Good call.

I won't be riding this weekend period ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was going to order my insurance this weekend for the first ride. now i'm rethinking going out. :mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
ditto but i may go out during the day.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Probably the worst day of the year for us Pollocks. Irish men are at best always obnoxious, and on St. Patty's day become downright insufferable.

FOG

R

·
0 Posts
Lol, as a proud Irishman I resent that! I'm not obnoxious, the drink merely makes me that way :)

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
stogiedmb said:
Uh-oh, I didn't want to start a culture war...
Too Late.

Be nice

Flame on

FOG

·
Registered
216 Posts
FOG said:
Probably the worst day of the year for us Pollocks. Irish men are at best always obnoxious, and on St. Patty's day become downright insufferable.

FOG
I'm only half Irish so I have to drink twice as much to reach the proper level of obnoxiousness.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
dwengi said:
FOG said:

FOG
I'm only half Irish so I have to drink twice as much to reach the proper level of obnoxiousness.
Yes your onto the basic princpal, The further you are from being Irish 100% the greater you must try to exceed.

FOG

·
Registered
440 Posts
FOG said:
You're just jealous! When the good Lord created the Irishman He outdid himself and created the perfect man capable of taking over the world. Realizing how unfair that was to the rest of His treasured, albeit less talented, children, He then created alcohol to keep the Irishman down. ;)

As an Irish/German/Welsh mashup my blood alcohol level is incapable of dropping below .04 even if I haven't had a drink for a month. (not sure that's ever happened) My blood type is Guinness positive.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mad Matt said:
FOG said:
You're just jealous! When the good Lord created the Irishman He outdid himself and created the perfect man capable of taking over the world. Realizing how unfair that was to the rest of His treasured, albeit less talented, children, He then created alcohol to keep the Irishman down. ;)

As an Irish/German/Welsh mashup my blood alcohol level is incapable of dropping below .04 even if I haven't had a drink for a month. (not sure that's ever happened) My blood type is Guinness positive.
When mine hits .05 I just ring for the nurse..

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
192 Posts
ahhh dernit... im underage... i guess ill just have to watch everyone else have all the fun... and pray that i wont be killed riding this weekend

·
Registered
200 Posts
St' Patty's Day would be great.. considering.. well Tuesday and Wed this week it was 75 and sunny.. really nice.. Friday.. 12" of snow.. WTF!!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
FOG said:

FOG
I would have to agree with this in the most part FOG,but there is just 1 reason why I don't agree totally. My mom's birthday is on St.Pattys day and she is 100% pollish,figure that one out. My family birthdays are at weird times of the year,like mine is the day after Christmas,my brothers is the day after Valentines day,and my moms on St.Pattys day. But my dad must be the black sheep in the family because his birthday is Aug 18th.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll be sippin' Murphy's meself.

Everyone be safe and have a great weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts