Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2002 Ninja 500 and it's all screwed up it seems like. I tried putting a charge to the battery but ended up taking it off because the wires that plug into the starter solenoid starter heating up a lot. I wondered why this is and what I should look for. I checked the terminals and wires coming and going from the battery and they're all good. There is some spots in the wiring I'm worried about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,597 Posts
wires heat up when there is a short circuit or high resistance to current flow in the wires, you are going to have to check out the wiring with a meter, without knowing the history of the bike where that could be is almost impossible to guess.
check it all.
note, if it is all screwed up you are going to have to unscrew it up before proceeding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,251 Posts
Welcome!
1. Some pics of the bike and wiring will help to sort this out.
2. You can really benefit from a repair manual such as a Haynes manual. Tons of help in them.
3. Take the battery out and charge it with a "trickle charger" which is 1.5 amp hours or less.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top