Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kawasaki Ninja 500r
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question, but I was looking at this 1996 Ninja 500 for sale and noticed it had a full lower fairing covering the engine. Was this stock in the mid-90's? I don't remember seeing it before (I always thought the gen2 ninjas were all the same except the colors).

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Aftermarket. Notice the maroon does not match. Targa and others made them. You can still get them in the white (gel coat).

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The lower chin fairing seen on all '94-'09 Ninja 500s is OEM. It was optional on the '87-'93 models. There were also "fill-in" fairing panels made, I think by Targa, that ran from the chin fairing to the upper, thus creating a full fairing. You find them used from time to time. Maybe still made, but IDK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, look at mines firing, I just got the bike back on November, I had that doubt, id that was stock or were it came front.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Man that fairing looks nice. I want to get a lower fairing myself, but don't like the stock on that doesn't come all the way up. This is my biike. View attachment 54379
I currently have an '07 Pearl Solar Yellow tank on my '87. At least until I can get a dent pulled from the top of the '87 tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts