1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her humble beginnings: Bought for about $700

Reinvention

Rebirth

Alittle Blurry I know, But I also stuck some LED's under the seat that work with the brake light

So far this has taken me a month and a half solid of every spare minute I had and yet I am still not finished but I am getting closer. All that is left are to mount some LED turn signals, finish tha gauges throw some mirrors on, and the last addition will most likely be a Acerbis Diamond headlight setup. oh yea and if I can afford it, a set of woodcraft clip-ons
Lemme know what you think... Thanks

P.S. Thanks ChopperCharles for the inspiration...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. I'm generally not a fan of the streetfighter look but you cleaned it up really well. Reminds me of my bike, it was $700 too, and I'm dumping obscene amounts into getting it to your "reinvention" stage. That yellow tank sure looks familiar, that's how mine was when I bought it.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That's a sweet bike in the making right there.

Personnally, I dig the black/yellow paint mix, reminds me of a Bee

Indeed chopper made a sick one and this one will be similar in looks and spirit.

I had quite a laugh when I saw your plate too.. In Quebecer slang 'Gosser' is a verb with the same meaning as tinkering ;D Dunno if it's pulling it's roots from english though ???

Don't forget to put it in the gallery ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I like the yellow swingarm... looks sick! Where did you relocate all your electronics in the rear? A compartment under the seat? I definitely like the "frame" look in the back instead of the faired look, but I wasn't sure what to do with all my electronics and the brackets that would stick off the frame. Congrats on making it your own!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea all the electronics are right under the seat, those little yellow pieces you see under the seat are holdin the steel plate under... I'll get some pics up tomm.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks great man. Really the spirit of less is more. How do you plan on completing the headlight and gauges?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just noticed the air filters... those are pretty trick, where'd you get 'em and for how much?

·
Registered
177 Posts
[/quote]
I dunno I just like the look alot better ??? Plus I needed a project
[/quote]

Fair enough

·
Registered
261 Posts
kkrause said:
Why? I don't get it. What's the street fighter craze about?
I don't really get it either, I'm guessing it relates to the lack of standard bikes availible. For the longest time fairings were not the norm, so people have an attachment to the naked look.

(Just a guess lol)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the street fighter look either, but that does look pretty good, I love the painted rims, nice addition. Cool airfilter, keep up the great work.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
My alibi was to revive my crashed bike on a tight budget ;)

Plus, after riding it, I find that the freedom feeling is a bit enhanced since all I see is the cluster when I ride, it feels as if I'd be riding on a smaller bike ;D

Ex_Gongshow => Could I make a suggestion ? Paint your battery brackets black. It's a small touch that will add a lot to the look ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
What an incredible transformation. Great job.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
looks great! i think you should take off that grab rail though.

you could put the belly pan back on too, for that true streetfighter look

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Awesome bike, nice work. That yellow swingarm really pops. I was considering a similar treatment for my wheel spokes, it's great to see them on an actual bike.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Really nice looking, the yellow really pops.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
One style from some decades ago was to de-chrome any trim that made a car look too busy.
That led to the black-out moldings of the 80's (?).

I copied one sideview picture & ham-handedly blacked out a few areas of the image to see what the bike would look like. If you like it, cool, if not... equally cool. It's your art.

·
Registered
19,366 Posts
All EXs are streetfighters in the works. because it's a cheap beginners bike, and a tipove results in hundreds of dollars of repair, you/they don't. SOme just take a little longer than others to arrive at full stree fighter status. What the hell does "street fighter" mean? If you showed up at one of those stupid stunter meets , you'ed be laughed out of the place,

FOG

1 - 20 of 32 Posts