Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had a young kid pull out from a side street in front of me today, and I hit him square broadside dead on. I was going apprx 35pmh and had about 1 sec of break before impact. I was flung over the handlebars, and hit the roof of the carsupside down with my left back side. I was wearing full riding gear, and full face helmet. I just laid in the street next to the bike and waited for the ambulance. After the hospital check, I have no broken bones, just gonna be sore.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Glad to see you haven't broken any bones :)

Full gear is a must.

is there any damage done on the back of the bike ? From here it looks like only the forks, front fairing, cluster, fender (and rider :() took the hit..

D

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok.

Bike doesn't look too bad either; replace maybe thw two pieces of plastic in the front and the guages, unless there's some other hidden damage.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good to know your ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had something similar happen.

hire a lawyer to take care of the medical, auto insurance. they'll get you more money than if you tried yourself.

in the mean time, heal up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bent both sides of the frame, bike is gone.

I dont know if hiring a lawyer is worth their commision.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
dude that sucks man. I'm really sorry to hear it :(

further proof why it should be legal to kill kids.

I"M KIDDING OKAY GOD here comes another "now don't ride high or murder children post"

:(

·
Registered
405 Posts
damn that's no fun. Good you're not badly injured.

I don't know about killing kids, but a severe thrashing looks to be in order.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Lasherman,

Don't know if you're Irish, but you certainly had the luck of one riding with you that day!

So long as you weren't speeding when it happened (because a judge might call that into question), it looks pretty cut-and-dry who's at fault (i.e. the kid). Personally? I'd be going for his pocketbook. The LEAST you should be able to recover from this ordeal, is the cost of a new ride.

I know there are some places, that will try to bend the frame back into place. DO NOT take that route if offered. Like a mechanic I work with is fond of saying, " It's TWO wheels. Not FOUR.". In otherwords, that's what your straddling your life on. If they write cars off for that problem, does it even sound safe to try and do it to a bike? Don't think so. Any mechanic worth their papers would take one look at that thing, and know it's not worth the risk.

Whichever route you take, all the best man. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts