Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit larger than the average rider, 6'6" 257lbs. and I've had no luck finding one piece racing leathers in my size. Does anyone know of a company that actually makes leathers large enough for me?

Thanks

Jeremiah

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I don't know any.. maybe you'd want to call directly to the factory ?

I know Akoury leathers can do some custom stuff, but they are in Montreal, Québec .. :-\

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Seems I saw some leathers advertised on line that had like Lycra (?) panels between the leather pieces that would allow stretching. Ring any bells, anyone?

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
Vanson Leathers make all there suits custom. They send you a detailed form for you to put all your measurements on and they guarantee a fit.
FOG

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
You may be right about the problem BUT... it would be worth a try to make sure. Call or E-mail the guys at newenough.com. They've been at this forever and will have good advise, including whether or not somebody has off the shelf stuff to fit. They also will take trades and as such sell used leathers. I'm comfortable giving them an endorsement based on my own experience and that of many others I know.

They're based in Texas and are a Vanson dealer but also many others. They also buy lots of overstocks and last year closeouts from a variety of manufacturers. They may have just what you need at a very nice price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'd go with the above advice. From a retailer's perspective, I'd have a stroke trying to find something to fit you properly. If you're going to spend money, might as well get yourself something that fits properly, and you're happy with.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I couldn't find anything off the shelf to fit my legs (either too long and correct diameter or correct length and couldn't get them up past my calf). I went to Zooni Leathers. They are located in San Jose, California (about 2 hours drive for me) they custom fit the leathers to me and made them to my color and design choice. I am very happy with my set, they fit great.

I only wish we coudl get leathers from roo instead of cows here in California, the weight thickness difference is amazing for something that is suppose to offer better protection.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Komodo makes a great custom suit as well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts