Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just an FYI for anyone that might need to do this if they get caught in a bad situation or something but you can use the opposite side passenger peg if you manage to completely snap the mount off for the original.

story behind why i needed to do this:

was out for a ride with my friend Sunday evening we had finally got his Aprilia back together after rebuilding the engine....It was a 50cc 2-stroke engine bored up to a 75cc we are just slowly cruising up main st in town when a bunch of kids on newer sport bikes come up behind us doing wheelies. well we all stop at a light i say hello and then go to continue about my business. as i'm shifting into 2nd i get hit HARD from behind. Immediately knocks me over onto the left side and i then slide into my friend on the aprilia in front of me which sends him down as well. One of the kids on a GSXR was doing a wheelie and came down, realized he was about to hit me and slammed on his brakes and went down. his bike hit mine...so on and so forth. i pulled a bunch of ligaments in my left foot, cracked my front fairing and scraped some other things up. i ended up riding home with no left peg and a swollen foot. Not a happy night

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Ouchy :'(

It saddens me when another biker incompetence/lack of judgement shades the rest of the community. It's even worst when they take another biker out...

Heal well and fast :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wish there was a better way to deal with the pain of skin rashed up from pavement :-\ also turns out that the kid gave me a nonexsistent insurance policy and someone elses name. down with stupidity

·
Registered
308 Posts
gah, i woulda beat the kids a$$! idiots...

heal quick

its late now but thats why id call the police, that way they can run his name, see if he's giving you bogus info, and if he is, theyll know instantly.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
ex_dsmr said:
gah, i woulda beat the kids a$$! idiots...

heal quick

its late now but thats why id call the police, that way they can run his name, see if he's giving you bogus info, and if he is, theyll know instantly.
So true, I got hit on my bike(bicycle) by a car once , was slow moving and I didnt notice that much damage ,and the woman told me she would pay for it ,but info. was crap , I'll never be nice again and not call the police!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
slickrick592 said:
i wish there was a better way to deal with the pain of skin rashed up from pavement
I ride in cow hide. I haven't found a way to deal with it so I try my best to prevent it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i wish there was a better way to deal with the pain of skin rashed up from pavement

There isn't, but wearing the proper gear can work wonders for preventing it. I wear gear all the time (boots, pants [not jeans], jacket, gloves, and helmet), even when its blistering outside like yesterday when it went up to 33 but felt like 41. I prefer to see sweat over blood dripping off my skin :)

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
when in an accident, get plate numbers. those yield info to the police that will get you straightened out in a hurry. considering there were injuries, you should have called the cops to begin with.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Geez... what a tale: hotdoggers hurting others... just as warned in the "how to Wheelie" section.

Those are good ideas: copy info down directly from the person's drivers license, license plate AND insurance card. If any of those are suspicious, OR if amy vehicle has damage (that exceeds the deductable?) OR if anyone has ANY potential $$ injury...

call the police.

ALSO... get the license plates & names of any witnesses.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Camera phones are handy for recording faces and such as well. Sorry to hear you got hit, but a worthless scumbag of a human being no less.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts