1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ya I saw that in an email from them, hot deal. Too bad I'm set for gear, except rain gear.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Sweet, good deals there.

i went and got the Teknic Supervent Mesh Jacket, (hot already in Fla)

$49 in bright yellow and a Tour Master Breeze Jacket Liner, $9.99 ..

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got that email too.

Got myself the Ballistic Series 4 for $50 + $7 shipping. Sadly the only one they had in my size was yellow, but not even on Ebay will I beat that price for a new jacket.

Even their shipping rates went bargain basement... Usually having them ship to me is $12

·
Registered
130 Posts
Now I feel guilty cause i sold a guy my used one for 60 bucks. oh well.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
GEAR WARNING REVIEW

Hmmm, I may make a review thread of its own but I do not like the JoeRocket Meteor I just got.

It look great, the armor is awesome (awesomely big anyway)...but when you actually wear it....its too stiff (may break in), the collar rubs my neck and it kept riding up on the road and worse of all, when fully zipped up on the Interstate it lifts the shoulder pads off your shoulders and brings the collar and chest part of the jacket tight across your throat in a low grade strangle..... never had a jacket do that before...

Now I had the arm vents open and I don't know if it was that doing it or the football size shoulder pads, they do have a rear exhaust vent on the jacket but its impossible to keep open due to the Velcro flap its has. Also the arms holes at the end of the sleeve are ridiculously big with just a weak Velcro closure, no zippers or snaps and it would definitely let the sleeves slide up your arms in a getoff, exposing your forearms to some roadrash.

Also mine is really big for a Med, I have a 42 chest which is usually a Lrg.Med or a Sm.Lrg, but this thing is way big on me. (maybe a smaller one would ride better)

On the plus side it does feel substantial on and it was only $50, plus it will fit some warm gear under it in the winter and it IS suppose to be waterproof.

But I like my Fieldsheer mesh jacket so much more, like a factor of 3 to 1 (also a $50 purchase, ebay though)....the yellow Teknic jacket from NewEnough is OK, no problems there, but does not breath as well as the FS.

S

·
0 Posts
I have had the meteor jacket for a couple years now, not sure of the size but mine fits really well. Did not buy it off the the internet, so I was able to try it on. I will agree with the pads being riddiculusly big. I took all of them out accept for the back pad. The jacket seemed to fit alot better after doing this. It is a little warm in summer but great for colder weather with the liner. You will not need to put any clothes underneath. The rest of your body will freeze and fall off before you get cold under the jacket. Also mine did not fit the greatest at first either, now it has broken in and I like it a little more.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The Fieldsheer mesh jacket has some neat reflective piping on the edges also, I took some flashshots of the wifey in it to show em/her off: ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

I

·
0 Posts
dang you had me sold at that price, but then the only one in my size is the green one, and that doesnt match my bike at all!
any other hot buys like that anyone?

·
Registered
114 Posts
wolf66 said:
GEAR WARNING REVIEW

Hmmm, I may make a review thread of its own but I do not like the JoeRocket Meteor I just got.

It look great, the armor is awesome (awesomely big anyway)...but when you actually wear it....its too stiff (may break in), the collar rubs my neck and it kept riding up on the road and worse of all, when fully zipped up on the Interstate it lifts the shoulder pads off your shoulders and brings the collar and chest part of the jacket tight across your throat in a low grade strangle..... never had a jacket do that before...

Now I had the arm vents open and I don't know if it was that doing it or the football size shoulder pads, they do have a rear exhaust vent on the jacket but its impossible to keep open due to the Velcro flap its has. Also the arms holes at the end of the sleeve are ridiculously big with just a weak Velcro closure, no zippers or snaps and it would definitely let the sleeves slide up your arms in a getoff, exposing your forearms to some roadrash.

Also mine is really big for a Med, I have a 42 chest which is usually a Lrg.Med or a Sm.Lrg, but this thing is way big on me. (maybe a smaller one would ride better)

On the plus side it does feel substantial on and it was only $50, plus it will fit some warm gear under it in the winter and it IS suppose to be waterproof.

But I like my Fieldsheer mesh jacket so much more, like a factor of 3 to 1 (also a $50 purchase, ebay though)....the yellow Teknic jacket from NewEnough is OK, no problems there, but does not breath as well as the FS.
When I first bought my meteor I hated it, fit terribly, the collar rubbed my neck raw or felt like it was choking me. As I wore it though, it broke in and become pretty comfortable. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a loop to go around my belt to keep the back of the jacket from creeping up as I tuck in tight.

I really like the quality fit and features of Teknic's (sp?) stuff. Too bad it's hardly ever cheap enough to compete with JR's stuff.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I like the yellow Teknic I got, my only complaint is the use of velcro to hold the sleeve ends shut, I see that not working too well in a get off and sliding way up your arm. The Flieldsheer has a zipper and velcro and seems allot less likely to slide. Also the arm fasteners that tighten up around the elbow to keep that armor in place, I have one snap left on the FS and its tight, the Teknic is all the way and still is too loose.
Now the FS is a MED (about a 42) and the Teknic is a 46 but still, there are lots of tall dudes with skinny arms so I feel it should have more adjustment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts